Wednesday, September 9, 2026

September…

 

I’m watching a CNN special on 9/11 about people saving people on that horrific day 25 years ago and it is very, very moving, so very sad and yet one of hope and love. You hear the stories of people being;g saved by others and meeting each other 25 years later. This is incredibly moving so, I am changing what I was going to choose today, for the Monday Music Moves Me Challenge, and used these songs…

1. YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE SUNG BY SHIRLEY JONES

When I watched the film, “Carousel”  when I was a teen and when this song came on, I cried because it was so moving. This was a Rogers and Hammerstein musical and another great musical that starred Shirley Jones and Gordon MacRea as the lovers who meet and fall in love around the carousel. I always find this song very inspirational.

2. TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM SUNG BY RICHRD KILEY-1965

This song comes from, “ The Man From La Mancha”  composed by Mitch Leigh with lyrics by Joe Darion and this song got me through my teen years. I still feel very close to this song and it has helped me through some tough times.

3. CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN SUNG BY PEGGY WOOD-1965

This is another famous song from  the famous musical, “ The Sound Of Music”, the last musical from Rodger’s and Hammerstein and, arguably, the most famous. It stars Julie Andrews as a novice nun sent to govern Christopher Plummer’s 7 kids. She was not prepared to fall in love with him( and vice-versa) and runs back to the nunnery only to hear this song. This is what we must do in our life and be inspired to keep moving forward no matter what hurdles are presented to us. 

I can’t believe it has been 25 years since 9/11. What songs inspire you?

4 comments:

  1. I grew up in the 1950's and 1960's. and all three of these songs were part of the playlist of my life. Man of La Mancha was one of the two Broadway plays I saw in person in those years and I loved (and still love) the movie The Sound of Music. To Dream the Impossible Dream may have been my #1 inspirational song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, You’ll Never Walk Alone is the anthem of Liverpool Football Club! Imagine my surprise when I saw Carousel and realised where it came from. Can’t believe it’s been 25 years - one of those events you’ll always remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking on the current climate of things here in the states and socialists are asking to say anything about 9/11 being a terrorist attack is dumb. The left have spent decades trying to convince people the Holocaust didn't happen and it doesn't surprise me they are trying to erase the facts of that September day. Anyway, as long as I live I hope I never forget about this horrible terrorist attack on American soil, against specifically Americans. Hate comes straight from the pit of Hell. That kind of evil needs to be crushed!

    I'm a bit passionate but I know you understand...alrighty moving to your music. "To Dream The Impossible Dream" and "Climb Every Mountain" are my favorites filling me with encouragement to try which brings to mind the courage of many on 9/11. It is to be revered and honored and I felt that's what you did with this post.

    Thank you for remembering those fought against all odds that fatal day. God bless the souls who perished and the ones who lost loved ones who carry this burden always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to feel old, be around kiddos who weren't even born when it all happened. They don't quite get the gravity of it all.

    ReplyDelete