1. Sherlock Holmes #2-If you think I will remember the full name...think again I am lucky to remember my own name. This is an excellent film and on par with the first. Just as entertaining, witty and well written and the first film and now i can not picture anyone else being Sherlock or Watson but for good ole Robert and Jude.
2. The Searchers-Great..GREAT John Wayne Ford western. I LOVE John Wayne and he is my favourite..yes ahead of Clint Eastwood!!! I challenge you to even try to say someone is better than the Duke!
3. The Shootist-Duke's last film and one that makes me cry (the other is the Man who Shot Liberty Valance"). It is like we are watching his own life in some ways except that the cancer was probably due to his 4 pack a day habit and /or that awful film "the Conqueror" where so many died of cancer due to the bomb testing site.
4. MClintlock"-Great rollick with Maureen O'Hara-wish i could have gone down that mud path with them-seems like fun
5. High Noon-Great film par none and with the Quiet man one of the best of the year. Tell me why did "The Greatest Show on Earth" win best picture??
6. Die Hard"-oh boy-I like Alan Rickman and laugh at how Bruce keeps undressing during this whole flick. It is fun to watch but by no means great unless one says it is great schlock.
7. Die Hard 2-yup I watched this too...blame it on the illness. It is stupid, silly mindless dreck. The CIA would have been called in with the FBI.. ugh bad crap
8. "Across The Universe"-I got this film as a gift from my ex a couple of years ago and finally watched it and was blown away by how good it was. I love musicals but you don;t have to be a musical lover to love this film. Quite intelligently done, well written and played. Should be better known.
9. Shadow of a Doubt"-This was Hitchcock's favourite of his films and I love it as it also stars one of my faves...Joseph Cotton. It is like Frank Capra's world silently on crack-Great film.
OK that is my whine for the month. Take care and thanks for reading
What's wrong with watching Die Hard? I dig those movies!ReplyDelete
Glad you finally got your tree down.
i only saw sherlock holmes 2 on that list and i liked it too!Delete
rdowney jr is tops
Hubby is a huge fan of John Wayne, he's seen them all at least a hundred times. Sorry to hear you were ill, and if it makes you feel any better, I leave my snowmen out until Jan. 27, the day after my birthday. Why? Because I love them so!!ReplyDelete