I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Carol Graham at She discussed all about her dogs on the A to Z Challenge. I was just shown how to do the name thingy-Yippee! I also thought this was good for my writing (or lack there of) and getting to know me (without singing it). Anyway here are the rules:
Here are the rules for the award:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post
- Answer 11 questions by whoever nominated you
- Ask 11 new questions to 5 - 10 bloggers with less than 300 followers - do NOT re-nominate the blog that nominated you
- Go to their blogs and tell them they have been nominated
- HAVE FUN
Here is a little bit bout me
- I am a geek and love it.
- I can swear like a sailor
- I am very proud of being a Canadian but also proud of my German heritage and yes I have dirndls with the bosom flowing over and the whole apron thingy.
- I have been a credit counsellor for 23 yrs and still enjoy my job immensely
- I have Ehlers-Danlos-the type 3 hypermobility type. constant pain in all joints. cue the violins
- I am strong in mind and refuse to give in to fear (except heights) even though I worry about things that usually never happen
- Dislike making sports people and entertainment people heroes-I mean really? War vets are heroes not a guy who puts a ball in a hoop
- I have strong opinions but value others' opinions
- Love classical music, film music, classic rock, blues, but please no hiphop or rap crap
- I have experienced severe bullying for years-hospital visits galore but couldn't break a bone (Yahoo for the E.D.)
- I love my husband, my family, my friends, my animals (all animals), my job, Life overall as it is a banquet
Here are the questions I am to answer:
Questions from Carol Graham
1) Can you tell me about yourself in 5 words or less?-dreamer,worrier, loyal, dependable, compassionate-hmmm sounds like my black lab
2) What are you passionate about? Film, chocolate, Creating Cards, Travel, Chocolate, art, chocolate, history, and can you guess??? Chocolate!
3) Do you have a Bucket List? If so, how many items and your number one most important? I don't but sky diving and bungee jumping would not be on that! To be healthy...and have more chocolate.
4) What is your favorite dog breed and why? I love all dogs even the yappy little Sh*&;^! but I do gravitate to the Black Lab
5) Do you like to cook and if so, your favorite type of dishes? I can cook but there is so much more to life than pots and pans. Love Rouladen, Red Cabbage and chocolate-OK I am a bit ocd with chocolate.
6) What angers you the most? sanctimonious people and bombastic bushkins (Mayor Ford comes to mind)
7) What is your biggest pet peeve? keeping cupboard doors slightly open-why do people do that? I believe it is a plot to drive me insane
8) What are your best qualities? Aside from loving chocolate? I am there for my friends no matter what as I cherish them dearly. I always try to help and offer encouraging words. Better to look at the bright side even when you see darkness.
9) What are your worst traits, if you dare to share? stubborn, worrier, leave little piles around-drives my husband nuts-heheheheeee
10) What is something you hate doing but have to? dust-it never ends. Cleaning our cat's ass-we rescued her and she is fat. We are trying to get her to lose weight. She slides her ass on our carpet and leaves a streak like men do in their underwear-isn't she a dream? She is our Mia
11) How long have you been blogging? I am trying to remember but senility is creeping in-I think 2010 or 2011??
Now here are my questions and I nominate 6 people who I hope don't kill me for nominating them but I think they are wonderful from the brief time I have met them in blogger land. They are:
Su-Sieee Mac -daily musings
Anabel Marsh - Travel a go-go:)
Grammy Staffy - Sweet lady with talented grand children!
Joseph Alsarraf - Humour and fun
Vidya Sury - Gives a smile every day
Ros - great info on genealogy
Beloo Mehra - Passion for education
- What animal do you always visit at the zoo or watch on TV before any other? Why?
3. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. Name 5 things you like about yourself?
6. What's your favourite holiday and why?
7. What is your favourite film? Your favourite actor/actress?
8. Which movie or TV show do you wish was gone from your sight?
9. Which entertainer do you feel needs a good spanking and be sent to a farm to work
10. Who do you admire, living or dead?
11. What makes you smile?
Ok there ya go! This was a long one but I hope you read and don't skim by:) I also hope the people I nominated are not upset but look at this as fun. If you feel like answering these in the comments 1 or all be my guest (again I won't sing). Enjoy your day!