I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Carol Graham at She discussed all about her dogs on the A to Z Challenge. I was just shown how to do the name thingy-Yippee! I also thought this was good for my writing (or lack there of) and getting to know me (without singing it). Anyway here are the rules:
Here are the rules for the award:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post
- Answer 11 questions by whoever nominated you
- Ask 11 new questions to 5 - 10 bloggers with less than 300 followers - do NOT re-nominate the blog that nominated you
- Go to their blogs and tell them they have been nominated
- HAVE FUN
Here is a little bit bout me
- I am a geek and love it.
- I can swear like a sailor
- I am very proud of being a Canadian but also proud of my German heritage and yes I have dirndls with the bosom flowing over and the whole apron thingy.
- I have been a credit counsellor for 23 yrs and still enjoy my job immensely
- I have Ehlers-Danlos-the type 3 hypermobility type. constant pain in all joints. cue the violins
- I am strong in mind and refuse to give in to fear (except heights) even though I worry about things that usually never happen
- Dislike making sports people and entertainment people heroes-I mean really? War vets are heroes not a guy who puts a ball in a hoop
- I have strong opinions but value others' opinions
- Love classical music, film music, classic rock, blues, but please no hiphop or rap crap
- I have experienced severe bullying for years-hospital visits galore but couldn't break a bone (Yahoo for the E.D.)
- I love my husband, my family, my friends, my animals (all animals), my job, Life overall as it is a banquet
Here are the questions I am to answer:
Questions from Carol Graham
1) Can you tell me about yourself in 5 words or less?-dreamer,worrier, loyal, dependable, compassionate-hmmm sounds like my black lab
2) What are you passionate about? Film, chocolate, Creating Cards, Travel, Chocolate, art, chocolate, history, and can you guess??? Chocolate!
3) Do you have a Bucket List? If so, how many items and your number one most important? I don't but sky diving and bungee jumping would not be on that! To be healthy...and have more chocolate.
4) What is your favorite dog breed and why? I love all dogs even the yappy little Sh*&;^! but I do gravitate to the Black Lab
5) Do you like to cook and if so, your favorite type of dishes? I can cook but there is so much more to life than pots and pans. Love Rouladen, Red Cabbage and chocolate-OK I am a bit ocd with chocolate.
6) What angers you the most? sanctimonious people and bombastic bushkins (Mayor Ford comes to mind)
7) What is your biggest pet peeve? keeping cupboard doors slightly open-why do people do that? I believe it is a plot to drive me insane
8) What are your best qualities? Aside from loving chocolate? I am there for my friends no matter what as I cherish them dearly. I always try to help and offer encouraging words. Better to look at the bright side even when you see darkness.
9) What are your worst traits, if you dare to share? stubborn, worrier, leave little piles around-drives my husband nuts-heheheheeee
10) What is something you hate doing but have to? dust-it never ends. Cleaning our cat's ass-we rescued her and she is fat. We are trying to get her to lose weight. She slides her ass on our carpet and leaves a streak like men do in their underwear-isn't she a dream? She is our Mia
11) How long have you been blogging? I am trying to remember but senility is creeping in-I think 2010 or 2011??
Now here are my questions and I nominate 6 people who I hope don't kill me for nominating them but I think they are wonderful from the brief time I have met them in blogger land. They are:
Su-Sieee Mac -daily musings
Anabel Marsh - Travel a go-go:)
Grammy Staffy - Sweet lady with talented grand children!
Joseph Alsarraf - Humour and fun
Vidya Sury - Gives a smile every day
Ros - great info on genealogy
Beloo Mehra - Passion for education
- What animal do you always visit at the zoo or watch on TV before any other? Why?
3. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. Name 5 things you like about yourself?
6. What's your favourite holiday and why?
7. What is your favourite film? Your favourite actor/actress?
8. Which movie or TV show do you wish was gone from your sight?
9. Which entertainer do you feel needs a good spanking and be sent to a farm to work
10. Who do you admire, living or dead?
11. What makes you smile?
Ok there ya go! This was a long one but I hope you read and don't skim by:) I also hope the people I nominated are not upset but look at this as fun. If you feel like answering these in the comments 1 or all be my guest (again I won't sing). Enjoy your day!
So sorry for your constant pain. I know life can be very difficult with that. It seems I've met so many people in the past couple of years with constant high-level pain who just power through it. I have so much admiration for that kind of strength.ReplyDelete
Thank you-so very sweet and what else can one do? I won't give in to it although it can wear me down a bitDelete
I think I may be a little too insecure for the this, but I will try! I will defiantly answer your questions. Thanks for your nomination! : )ReplyDelete
Oh It would be great if you tried..even if you place a humorous take on it-you are always a fun readDelete
Okay, taking a wild stab in the dark, but you like chocolate? Sorry about the pain, that has to be a pain (no pun intended). Totally agree about the over paying of sports figures! Ridiculous!ReplyDelete
hahahaha-yes love the chocolate. It is a pain to be in pain:) I want to be paid a million for throwing a ball or putting a puck into a netDelete
Gosh, I am laughing so much - I love that we have so many things in common Birgit! (that slightly open cupboard....the dusting.... hehehe).ReplyDelete
Big tight hugs for nominating me. I am honored. :) I'll post my answers on Sunday ♥ Thank you so much.
That cat leaving a streak had me giggling! And I admire you for loving your job.
Love, and thank you so much. I am so glad we connected!
Thank you so much_I am glad too we connected. Yes i always thank Mia for giving us that gift on the carpetDelete
Say, Birgit, do you like chocolate? LOLReplyDelete
Thank you for the Liebster Award. Very cool, indeed. I shall happily accept the award wearing the Scarlett O'Hara dress made from curtains, but the one that Carol Burnett wore. :-)
Oh need to see a picture of you ( you need to draw it) in a dress-curtain rod and all:)Delete
Birgit, come over and check out my dress when you can. ;-)Delete
The View from the Top of the Ladder
Hi Birgit! I hear you with the pain issues. I have them too. I get migraines and pain in my joints - getting that looked at again today. I digress. I'm so with you on the hero's deal. And the cabinet doors. I think my kids do that to me on purpose. I'm pretty short so that's head level to me. Smack! haha. Rotten children!ReplyDelete
It's supposed to be sunny out later so I'm going to try to go outside and enjoy it. Hope you'll do the same!
Oh that is tough to have the pain and you know i understand. I hope you get some answers at the Dr's. Alas i am working so I see the sun inside my office. Those doors must be made to stay closed-lolDelete
Congrats on the well-deserved award. Great to learn more about you but I'm so sorry you struggle with constant pain.ReplyDelete
Yeah-it's a bummer. i thought if I should put it in but it is a big part of my life so I thought what the hay!Delete
Congratulations! Goodness, Chocolate? You might want to check out my Pinterest boards. Several are dedicated to chocolate.ReplyDelete
MMMMMMM Chocolate-I will as I recently went on pinterest but it took a back seat when i started the A to ZDelete
this award is fun, but so long, isn't it? you did an awesome job with it!ReplyDelete
and i had to ROFL at cleaning your cat's butt! ha ha ha haha!!
thanks for commenting on my cover reveal!
It is a long one and i like posting shorter ones. Thanks for reading:)Delete
I'm going to find you a big box of healthy chocolates if it's the last thing I do...
oh yes-Lindor yum. Nice truffle-dark chocolate...oops i am in dreamland...Delete
So glad you're clear about your love of chocolate!! This was so entertaining to read! Nice to meet you and glad you're a part of this amazing group! I love dogs as well and had a black lab/border collie mix who gave our children a wonderful experience in growing up with a dog. Her name was Laydi, and was beloved when she passed almost three years ago. We have a new little one now and he's making my "empty nest" much more livable and loveable! Happy Blogging! #IWSGReplyDelete
Oh I miss my Katie who was a black lab. They are always part of the family. Glad to hear you have another one and the antics they get into must be fun to watchDelete
If we were closer, I'd drop by with some chocolates. I just happen to have some in the freezer. I know, strange place to store them. I love the way it melts on my tongue. Sorry about the pain, Birgit. One piece of chocolate a day will work wonders.ReplyDelete
people say chocolate lasts longer when in the freezer but then it gets too hard for me. Yes when I eat a lindor chocolate and it is so creamy inside...it's better than sexDelete
Congrats on your award. I enjoyed reading all your amusing answers (except about the health problems and bullying). I'm glad you're enjoying life now - as you should. :)ReplyDelete
Thanks a mil:)Delete
Way behind with my blog reading so I've just found this. Thank you - I think! I'm now pondering your questions.....ReplyDelete
Anabel at Anabel's Travel Blog
It takes up time to read all the wonderful blogs eh? Glad you are pondering....:)Delete
Geek pride! Sounds like your cat is a handful. But, I bet, worth it.ReplyDelete
Oh she is when she licks my hand when I pet her and the she turns into black swan and bites it. She is a bit nutty but she is our rescue and she is family along with Wallace and our other 3 catsDelete
Congrats on your award! And it's great to learn more about you. :)ReplyDelete
Hi Birgit - it's been good to learn some more about you.ReplyDelete
That Liebster Award seems like hard work, especially after the A-Z. I don't know how you've managed to cope with it. I'm desperately trying to get back into my writing routine, and I'm thankful not to have any disruptions I can't cope with. I think I'm feeling sorry for myself at the moment.
Thank you for encouraging me. I know it's always good for me to visit you.
Oh never surrender, never give up:) This was a big thing to write but I got into it and had fun. You will get back on the bicycle and start to write and it will flow-I know that will happenDelete
Congrats! I love that you want to be more healthy AND eat more chocolate. LOL!ReplyDelete
Yes I think I can have both:)Delete
Hi there again! It's Janine - I see what you mean about chocolate!! It made me laugh reading yours too. I would LOVE to know the name of the DVD you have of the German women. I have never heard their stories before.ReplyDelete
Ah yes-It is called "A Journey Back To Youth" by Alexander Gutman. It is very sad and gave information about what happened to many German Women after the Russians marched in. Thankfully my mom escaped the barn when she did.Delete
I'm pretty sure that the comment I started writing disappeared when my phone froze so I'm trying again. I too love chocolate and insist on it everyday. Sorry to hear about your pain. Must have been horrible to deal with it as a child. I have MS related pain but that symptom didn't start until about seven years ago. I was severely allergic to chocolate as a child along with most other foods. Somehow I managed to grow out of that and most other allergies just not my potentially fatal cat allergy.ReplyDelete
Glad to hear you are no longer allergic to chocolate but a shame that cats are so bad for you. I did not have pain when I was a kid or teenager-I could just do tricks-dislocate joints and such. I did understand and know what my Oma said when her feet were burning even when I was 16. My pain started in my 20's and just continued to get worse. So sad to hear about your MS. My sister has MS as wellDelete
Awesome post, Birgit :) I love that you can swear like a sailor, haha. And totally with you about music: my eclectic tastes do *not* encompass rap or hip hop. Nope, not music at all, as far as I'm concerned.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the visit over at Life In Dogs earlier; my dogs send you (somewhat slobbery) hugs back.
Yes , well, my dad was a lumberman and I could hear colourful language. I just find there is nothing better than saying certain words at certain times-makes me feel good after-hahahaa. Yes rap-crap is just thatDelete
Birgit, you forget the fact that you can make people laugh. You put more than a smile on my face with that cat comment and imagery.ReplyDelete
Yes when she slides her ass on our carpet my heart bounces with pride:) Thank you that I made you laugh. I often forget that people say I can do that. :)Delete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
I love that you have strong opinions and still respect those of others. Most people don't.ReplyDelete
Damyanti, My Latest post
One needs to have their own opinions but one needs to be able to expand ones' mind, be humbled and respect the other people's opinionsDelete
congratulations on the award :) I too am stubborn n worrier :)ReplyDelete
Thank you and those 2 are just the cat's meow aren't they:)Delete
Thank you for nominatingReplyDelete
(My iPad froze) congrats on winning the award and thanks for giving it to me. I just saw your comment today...so thanks again. I'm honored. I'm having surgery tomorrow but I will try to follow through with it when I can.ReplyDelete
I enjoyed reading yours and learning more about you. Hugs, Lura
You are a pleasure to read about and I am certain you will be doing well after the surgeryDelete
I have to say, we have quite a lot in common. Dust, dogs and doors ajar!ReplyDelete
It seems we do and card making!:) Thinking of RosieReplyDelete
I'm sure you have forgotten all about this, but I've finally made a partial attempt at the Liebster Award!ReplyDelete