It’s time for another group posting of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group! This was created by Mr. Ninja the Great, Alex J. Cavanaugh! Time to release our fears to the world – or offer encouragement to those who are feeling neurotic. If you’d like to join us, click on the tab above and sign up. We post the first Wednesday of every month. I encourage everyone to visit at least a dozen new blogs and leave a comment. Your words might be the encouragement someone needs.
The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It pays tribute to new blogs, or blogs with a follower count of less than 1,000–including Twitter. The word “liebster” is German in origin and has several definitions, including but not limited to: dearest, sweetest, kindest, pleasant, endearing, lovely, cute, nicest, valued and welcome.
- Link back to the blog that nominated you. (Elizabeth)
- Answer questions that your nominator has set for you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that have less than 1,000 followers to receive this award. (Remember, this includes Twitter.)
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Contact your nominees and let them know you have nominated them.
I have been given this award again and am very touched (in more ways than one...um...sorry:)). Actually this is quite nice and I thought it would be great for the Insecure Writer's Support Group too:). So, without further ado, here we go with the questions I need to answer:
- Have you ever noticed how JJ Abrams likes the number 47? Or how the answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42? Certain people identify with certain numbers. I already admitted to having an affinity for 11. What is your signature number?
- Back in January, TIME magazine published an article on bad passwords. (I managed to find this again to illustrate a point while having a conversation with some juniors at the end of the last school year. They argued that a bad password was great protection as no hacker would try these anymore. I disagreed.) Have you ever used a "bad password"? Did you think it was good, or did you just need something easy?
- What time did you go to bed last night? 11pm-and this is question #3
- What's the last movie you went out to see in a movie theater? For a film lover I am bad-It was "LOTR-Smaug".
- As you all know, Tuesdays are my "what if" question days. And I'm running a bit low on ideas. What's the best "what if" question you can come up with? (Or come up with a mediocre one. I'm kind of desperate.) Which dead film star would you love to meet? (mine would be Jimmy Stewart)
- Where are your car keys right now? If I was 22, they would still be in the door since I was having a blast the night before but now, hanging up in the key holder area
- Donna's New Day links to a random quiz on Sundays, and a couple weeks ago she found a quiz from the Oxford English Dictionary on finding the best new word for you. (They recently added a bunch of words.) Take the quiz (either frivolous or serious, or both if you're feeling adventurous), and give us your new word. Oh, I did this and it was fun. I am Adorbs and Hyperconnected. Now it's your turn:)
- Are you right or left-handed? I am not evil so that makes me right-handed. Anyone who dealt with nuns as teachers will know they would use the ruler on your left hand to make you change to right. Lovely nuns eh?
- Are you with me in the cult of Doctor Who? (Are you watching the new season?) Who's your favorite Doctor? I never got into Doctor Who. I always felt the Daleks looked like salt and pepper shakers.
- If I were to offer to knit you something (anything) you'd like, what would you request? A cup holder in blue so my fingerprints don't disintegrate from the hot tea or milk I drink (ha- you thought I would mention coffee)
- Besides blogging, what's your favorite social media outlet (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)? Hmmmm....Facebook I guess although I don't put much on there but I love to see other peoples pictures and I am enjoying Pinterest.
1. I love animals and I would seriously do harm to any bastard who ever harms an animal. I would make sure they could never own an animal and I would send them away...maybe to the cornfield (any Twilight Zone people out there)?
2. I love creating cards, scrapbooks-love love love
3. I love playing board games but play rarely as my hubby is not into them....waaaaayyyy.
4. I love to budget hence why I have the job I have (Credit Counsellor)
5. Blue is my favourite colour, followed by purple.
6. I grew up on a sawmill and still love the smell of sawdust. How Canadian eh?
7. Christmas is my favourite holiday followed by Halloween. It's like the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other.heheheeeee
8. Sports is not a pastime I enjoy unless it is the Olympics or Tour De France. I could care less about a puck or ball going to a net or in a field. Watching people paint their faces, drink beer and eat heart attack burgers is not my idea of culture.
9. Love art, architecture, culture, travel, history, the occult-there is so much to learn and grow from
10.-Love, Love, Love film and film stars and everything associated with this but not the new people unless they show some acting ability like Jennifer Lawrence
11. I, would never, ever, think never mind do, place a naked or racy photo of myself on any device where it can go viral. Unfortunately no one would care and my picture may end up with the Wal-Mart people but no-never! I just don't get it.
Look I never even mentioned chocolate once:) mmmmmm...chocolate, (shaking head). OK I am now nominating 5 people who I enjoy reading their blogs:
1. Liz Blocker
3. Suzie Mac
4. Anabel Marsh
5. Robyn Engel
Here are my questions and if anyone wants to answers any of these in my blog here would love it:)
1. What is your favourite colour?
2. What major architectural wonder do you want to see before you die?
3. Which is your favourite animal?
4. What scares the bejeebies out of you?
5. What's your favourite dessert?
6. If you could time travel, where would you go and why?
7. What's your favourite film?
8. What's your favourite book?
9. What do you hate wearing but have to on occasion?
10. Chocolate or vanilla...or tutti frutti?
11. What's your ancestry?
OMG! This is a long one and I hope you read it through-hahahaaaa. Enjoy the day, month and year and happy writing to all of you:)
Good morning! Congrats on your well-deserved Liebster Award. And yes I have notieced that about JJ Abrams. Numbers were a very important part of his show LOST. One of the best shows ever :)ReplyDelete
Lost was great and I was addicted. ThanksDelete
Woo-hoo, congratulations!!! And thank you so much for the award :) I've received it before, but maybe it's time I accept it again? Hmm. I'll think about it. If I don't, please don't be offended!! It's just about time and stress management :) I did love reading all of your answers; you always make me laugh.ReplyDelete
I could never be offended so don't worry:) Do what you can and what you can't...you'll get there the next time:)Delete
Hi Birgit - thanks for the nomination, but I did this not long ago so I think I'll pass this time. Glad you enjoy reading my blog though!ReplyDelete
Anabel's Travel Blog
No probs- Love your blog:)Delete
Congrats on your award!ReplyDelete
I'm with you on passwords. Ugh! I have far too many and I've made them complicated. Sometimes I don't even remember what they are. I started emailing them to my other email account. Probably the worst idea ever! haha
I am writing them down so also not good:) Passwords can be the bain of my existence.Delete
I am so with you on passwords. They ruin my day. Great post and congrats!ReplyDelete
Your answer about the car keys cracked me up!ReplyDelete
Does your husband like 57 Sauce?
he does like 57 sauce:) Yes those keys! I recall, my head feeling like a football, looking for my keys and later in the day, a neighbour knocked on my door and showed me that they were still in the door-lolDelete
Haha. My photo would either be posted before or after (which ever was considered worse) of Walmart nudie selfies! I love it.ReplyDelete
I think it's a very cool novelty that you were born on a sawmill.
Be well, BB.
Loved growing up on a sawmill. Yes taking nudie pics and placing them on the computer where anyone could see them and burn out their eyes is just not the smartest thing to doDelete
PS I meant before or after yours. I really need a secretary for these comments. Oh well. =)ReplyDelete
The Daleks do look like salt and pepper shakers. I think that was what they were going for, actually. (That, or '60s production values could only do so much.)ReplyDelete
Loved your answers.
They probably did have them as a guidance. I know Star Trek used them in the medical area:)Delete
Thanks so much for nominating me for this, you are so kind! I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions and found myself nodding along in agreement several times. Someone else who doesn't like Doctor Who?? I honestly thought I was alone LOL.ReplyDelete
Thank you again, I really appreciate it! :)
You are welcome! Yes I just never could get into Doctor WhoDelete
I'm with you on the passwords. What a pain! I always use the same one--how else am I supposed to remember them?ReplyDelete
Love reading your answers!
I try to use variations of the same theme but that has mixed me up big time. Yesterday it took me 10 times before I got on my e-mail account-I forgot which way i did itDelete
Congrats on the award! I have 2 standard passwords I use; one if it is a secure site, another if it is not. At work where we have to change them every so often, I use the same secure password but add the next number up when I change it. So far this system as worked :)ReplyDelete
I remember those nuns encouraging right handedness; doesn't seem right, does it?
Oh no those nuns were cruel and that thinking stems from the inquisition I think. Your idea on passwords makes sense...I will try itDelete
Birgit, Congrats on getting the Liebster Award. You deserve getting it again and again. I enjoyed reading your answers and like your questions a lot. Thanks for the nomination. So very cool of you.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much and you deserve it too:)Delete
Congrats on your award, Birgit. I had a chuckle or two from this post ... a Credit Counsellor with a sense of humour - who would have thought, eh?!ReplyDelete
Yes...one always needs a sense of humour:)Delete
These are always such unique questions! I can't believe you go to bed at 11pm. I wish I could stay awake that late!ReplyDelete
Yes, I usually go to bed a little earlier but not that night:)Delete
Congratulations on the award. I like reading everyone's answers but if someone were to award me I'd probably just give up on blogging (after 6+ years I'm close to running out of ideas anyways).ReplyDelete
Oh no! Never give up on as I am certain you would be missed! Ideas can be endless:)Delete
Great Answers! I'm a Jennifer Lawrence fan and right there with you on animals:)ReplyDelete
Thanks and animals deserve the bestDelete
Yep, any one who harms an animal, except maybe mosquitoes and the like lol, needs to be chucked in a deep dark hole.ReplyDelete
yes a deep dark whole with nasty teeth that brings them right to hell not that i have an opinion on this:)Delete
Congrats on that award. It's always nice to get a pat on the back. As for passwords, I have nothing but angst about them. I either forget them or worry someone will find my massive cheat sheet and hack my accounts. IReplyDelete
Thanks and same here about the passwordsDelete
Congrats on the award! You had me cracking up at your random facts #7! You are too funny! I think those two are my favorite holidays as well! There's just something about Halloween...I love to decorate for it! It's barely September before I start asking my kids what they want to be for Halloween—I might enjoy it more than they do! :)ReplyDelete
Oh I am already thinking about Halloween and one day, I will make my outside very spooky with mist machine and I will force my friends to dress up and be part of the dark splendour:) I will have one good fairy to help the tiny kids not feel so scared:) After comes Christmas-I love Christmas:)Delete
Congrats on this award. It is fun reading more about you and your answers to the questions. I'm sorry that I haven't responded to my award. I just don't know how to respond. I have only a hand full of readers and I don't think they would want to take the time to comply to the rules if I nominated them. I am a dud blogger.... but I surely appreciate you visiting me. Your kind comments mean a lot to me. Thank you for being my blog friend. Hugs, LuraReplyDelete
Oh don't worry about not responding to your award...you still deserve it and even if you just write it down and don't nominate anyone, I have seen people do that too:) You have had much on your plate so just keep blogging and showing great pictures and can't wait to hear your grandchild sing again:) Now let's see a card or 2:)Delete
Happy Sunday, Birgit:)ReplyDelete
Congratulations on this well-deserved award! Enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know a bit more about you. I am also not much of a coffee drinker :) And I dont know what my special number is....I should think more about it !ReplyDelete