Monday, May 29, 2017

Cards galore!

What can I say except I made some cards in the last 2 weeks. It is a big birthday month with 7 birthdays ending with mine on June 2nd! My hubby just turned 60 and looks way younger which is great for him:) I made a card for him but it will turn up later so it is not in this round. Without further adieu, here are my cards


Cuddlebug, sizzex machine, stickers, village cutout, markers, glitter, rubber stamp, distress dye inks, white marker

Christmas Cards All Year Round-Precipitation
Addicted to Stamps- Holidays
CHNC2-Always Anything Goes Christmas

I have this village die cut and used the blue background that I created with dye inks and had cut out the village. I had the hole or silhouette of the village so I just cut out the village with white cardstock and inserted it into the cutout part. I coloured the village with markers, I used glossy accents on the village and sparkle on the snowy parts-hard to see how it looks here as it looks like a shiny sparkly goo. Anyhoo, I used the white marker on the raised bumps for snow and adhered it to cardstock with the last being a beautiful shimmery gold cardstock which  was run through the cuddlebug to get the raised design. I finished it off  with the Happy Christmas stamp and stickers for the borders.


Poinsettis stamp, scissors, tombow markers, gold die stamp pad and gold embossing powder, border stickers
Craftyhazelnut Challenge #1-Use some gold
HLS-Watercolor challenge-use some red

This was fun to do! I took watercolour paper, stamped and embossed the image and then, using my tombow markers, I coloured in certain areas.  I took my watercolour brush and blended the colours. I cut out the image and placed it down on the cardstock. I stamped and coloured the image again but just the flowers, cut the flowers out and placed them over top the image using pop up dots for a 3D effect. I added the border stickers and some stars.



Poinsettia die cut, distress inks, sizzex machine, cuddlebug machine, embossing folder, antique gold dye pad, some gems, of course not real:)

Eclectic Ellapu-Anything Goes
HLS-Anything Goes with Dies

This is obviously girly unless you are a Liberace wanna be. I cut out the poinsettia image and using the distress ink pads and some water, I coloured the flower. I put the cardstock through the cuddlebug for the raised image and took the gold ink pad and lightly skimmed over it so the raised image got some colour. Added the bling and Voila! This will be a nice birthday card for my sister whose birthday is Dec. 22nd.


Various blue ink pads, a sponge, rubber stamps, cardstock, stickers

Crafty Creations-Anything Goes
Glitter N' Sparkle-Anything Goes

This was fun... I say it again but it's true. You can play with the colours and can use the same stamps and get a different take every time. The glossy card really takes well to the colour you rub on with the sponge. The rubber stamps are all from one block, sort of speak, to create this scene. My dear friend, who loves the tropics and met his partner when he was in Thailand, just recently got married. He loves blue, the tropics and the ocean so I thought this works for him. They loved the card!

26 comments:

  1. Seven birthdays? Are you sending them all Christmas cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday in advance, Birgit and Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby. Your cards are always lovely, but I was expecting birthday cards. ☺ Seven is a large number of birthdays for one month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure got plenty of birthdays on the go. Great card show flow! The last on really stuck out for me. A great scene that came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy time you have had making all these lovely cards...that gold embossing is lush...love the pretty poinsettia and the blue mood card...fabulous makes Birgit...and I hope you have a very happy birthday on the 2nd...enjoy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the poinsettia one is my favorite. And happy birthday on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Birgit, great card collection! While I admit I love the Christmas ones a lot your last one is pretty special, too. Great job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome Birgit! The tropics card is absolutely stunning! I'm sure they were beyond impressed and touched at how much love went into that card. I also really like both of the pointsettia cards.
    It's obvious that you really love doing it.

    Happy Birthday coming up! Hope it's fun and fabulous!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, I had put your friend would love the card. Wrong tense:)
      I enjoy them all. Especially the first and the 3D poinsettia. Excellent:)
      Hope your day is productive and your evening pleasant.

      Delete
  10. Great cards, and happy birthday to Michael. He certainly doesn't look 60!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sheer preciseness of ink on paper is an art. A friend of mine has to use a strobe light to freeze the frame of an image "in time" so he can inspect fast moving finely printed words for flaws, theres so many errors that can occur in printing and when he hits that RED emergency stop button, the whole press screeches to a halt. "Awwwww, Not Again...."

    Your cards are like jewels, I can appreciate the time it took to make something like this and with the right skill and equipment, you must get a lot of satisfaction in creating, still like the guy on the QC printing end of the press, I'd say theres been plenty trial runs with the cuddlebug to get these just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful is your work! Thank you so very kindly for sharing your talents with us at Eclectic Ellapu. Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very happy birthday to you Birgit! <3 Hugs! Beautiful cards. How come they all say Christmas? :D Waiting to see your husband's birthday card! Do wish him a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards, as always.

    And a very happy birthday! Hope you have an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR May challenge, Hazel, DT - thank you also for entering this for both of my CHNC challenges. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing says Christmas better than sparkly gold!
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. They're gorgeous, Birgit! I so admire your skill for this craftmanship... You're an artist :)

    Thanks for the visit over at Life In Dogs earlier; always so nice to see your name pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Poinsettias but as someone asked already, Christmas cards for all seven?

    ReplyDelete
  19. May is pretty crazy for my wife and I. Both our birthdays, our wedding anniversary and mother's day all fall within ten days of each other. I keep saying we should have gotten married at another time instead, and I should celebrate my birthday in like September, just to space stuff out a bit.

    And hey, I like the pink poinsettia, and I don't even own a feather boa!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Joyful Birthday to Michael! Your cards as always are awesome. The tropical card is my favorite of this batch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bet creating cards is a lot of fun. And you do such a wonderful job.
    It's certainly not as involved, but I enjoy playing with Paintshop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards and love the one you entered for Eclectic Ellapu. Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 335 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely cards. You have such a gift. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful card, love the design – thanks for joining in the Glitter ‘N’ Sparkle Challenge - Anything Goes. – Sarah DT – http://magentasnowflake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete