Friday, September 28, 2018

Christmas is a comin' & the geese are getting fat

Yup, I have no geese to show you but I do have some cards which, I hope, you will enjoy.

Cuddlebug, embossing folders, stickers, gems (not real, of course), design rubber stamp, black dye ink and black glitter embossing powder.

Eclectic Ellapu-Anything Goes
Crafty Creations-Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps-Anything Goes

I enjoyed making this card which was not that hard to do and I think I will make this in a variety of colours. 4 different papers were used with 2 placed in an embossed folder and shoved through the cuddlebug machine to get the design. I took the rubber stamp and put black ink on it, stamped it on a red paper and put the sparkle powder onto the design.  the powder only adheres to the stamped area. I heat embossed it and then layered it all using double sided tape. I took some gold stickers and outlined the border along with the having the "Merry Christmas" sticker and snowflakes on the final black paper.


distress sprays in blue & gold, stickers, gems, gold dye ink & gold sparkle embossing powder,  leaf rubber stamp, scissors.

ABC Christmas-S for Snow and T for Teal
Happy Little Stampers- Christmas Challenge-Tree
Sparkles Christmas Challenge-Blue & Gold


Cuddlebug, embossing folder,  same leaf stamp, silver embossing powder and silver dye stamp, pink ink, gems, scissors, wink of stella(glitter pen/brush), mirror pink paper

Twofer Challenge-Leaves
Penny Black-Make it Feminine

I joined a new blog for stamping and i finally created 2 cards using the same stamp!  It is that blasted leaf which I fussy cut out many times:). In my Christmas tree image, I used the leaves to try and make a Christmas tree and placed light blue gems around.  The teal and gold background was all done with sprays and it gives a nice shimmery effect you can't see with this pic but I tried for a different snowy background. My non Christmas card was for a friend who retired from our agency after being here since 1997. I took a pink ink pad and covered the embossing folder with it. When i shoved it through the cuddlebug, not only the design printed off but the colour adhered to the card.  I follow a few people who create cards and shamelessly used what they did for my 2 cards and hope they don't mind.


Cuddlebug, embossing folder, dye ink, pearl green embossing powder, distress green ink pad, water, sizzex machine, poinsettia cutting image, gem, ribbon, sticker saying

Flower Challenge-Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland-Ribbon or Twine..Missed that one but it is now Anything Goes:)
Cute card Thursday-Monochrome
Sparkles Monthly Challenges- Dies or Punches

I swear I didn't punch anyone:) I took the poinsettia die cut and, using the sizzex placed the paper in it with the die cut and rung it through  to cut the  flower.  I used my cuddlebug to put throught the holly embossing folder and gently swiped the dye pad across and added shimmer embossing powder to highlight the leaves.  I pieced everything together, added ribbon and some sticker stars & the saying. Voila!


Wolf stamp, Blue, black & silver paper, stickers, Light grey tombow marker

Simon Says-Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations-Starting with B-Black & Blue, Beasts(cute beasts)
Happy Little Stampers-CAS-Wild
Animal Friends-In the Forest
Alphabet Challenge-Nature

OK so wolves are wild and they can live in the forest so I thought this worked. Even though I layered the card, I think it is pretty simple since it is just card layers, I stamped the wolves in black and added light grey to take away from the white added some corner stickers and the saying.

Forgive any spelling or grammar faux pas :)

33 comments:

  1. I like the wolves. Christmas is indeed coming - less than three months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy Birgit making these beautiful cards....it’s great getting out the embossing folders...they look soo good.....your last card with the wolves is stunning and has such a masculine theme...absolutely fabulous xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a fabulous selection of cards!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome. My two favorites are the first one and the poinsettia one. I guess I am like a crow- and like sparkly things. :) Bravo!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please don't remind me that Christmas is coming, Birgit. Your cards are simply gorgeous, though. Looks like I need a die cutting machine, because you certainly know how to put yours to the test. I could never pick a favorite, because they are ALL beautiful. BTW, I didn't notice any faux pas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do enjoy the cards! Especially the wolves. I have that stamp. Isn't it a good one? Happy weekend Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. It never ceases to amaze me how much work you put into these cards. But you get such great results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Va-va-va-boom cards, Birgit! That flower one looks 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas sure is a coming. The wolves sure is the winner for me. The red and green ones catch the eye quick too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the peacock. I wonder if you couldn't do something with it color wise. (I mean like a future peacock on a different card. The one you've shown is perfect as is.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, what a quartet of beautiful cards. Each one is so pretty, but I think my fav is the pink & white peacock (hard choice though!) Good for you at having so many, with various designs - and each one turned out so well! TFS & have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My you have been busy, so many different cards, many thanks for joining in with our 'Make it Feminine' theme at Penny Black and More and 'I Spy' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great collection of cards. I particularly like the one you've shared with us at Sparkles Christmas - none of the elements you've used are specifically Christmas ones yet you've combined them to give a perfectly Christmassy look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the wolf card,beautiful CAS layout, thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fabulous and unusual stamp. The wolves are truly magnificent. Thanks for playing at HLS CAS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Naughty Birgit, mentioning the C word again *fingers in ears la la la*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sehr.
    Dankeschön für die Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea to create a tree design with leaves. I love the non-traditional colors. Thanks so much for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers September Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards Birgit :-) all of them are beautiful!! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a lovely card, great design

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely Christmas Card. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge. We would love to see you again.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your selection of cards, so varied and so beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cards - the different shades of green on your poinsettia card are very striking. Thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderland.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow. You've been busy. Love them all, especially the 3rd one down. Very feminine.
    Hope you are feeling well and full of energy.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty cards! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More Challenge!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You make Christmas fun and so pretty.
    Hugs, Birgit.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for all your kind comments. I am so happy you loved all these cards. I plan on using the peacock embossed image and have fun colouring it with shimmery paints. I hope to make a lot more. Sorry for mentioning Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the way you cut your flower on the green card. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wished someone a Merry Christmas yesterday. It will be here soon whether we’re ready or not:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. A cool green card. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Thanks for sharing. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  31. great colour combo with the greens.
    very pretty card

    thanks for joining us at sparkles
    dt tracey

    ReplyDelete