Monday, October 21, 2019

Halloween and Christmas

Since the stores have Halloween witches and skulls right beside Santa and Christmas trees, why should I not get in on the band wagon. Personally I think it's stupid and money hungry to put Christmas stuff up before Rembrance Day. I grew up not seeing anything Christmas until after November 11th but now it seems to get earlier and earlier which sucks. So what have I done? I am showing you a Halloween card and a Christmas card.


Doggie Stamp, witches hat, pumpkin, star and saying stamp. Black dye ink, gold dye ink, gold glitter embossing powder, gambow markers, pastels, die cut, sizzex machine.

Fusion Challenge-sketch and a photo
Simon Says- Halloween
The Male Room- Halloween

Neighbours, across our street, have been so nice bringing bones for our Wallace so I made a Halloween thank you card for them and used the dog image since they have a black lab. I tried to combine the fusion challenge by using the sketch but also having the pumpkin, black background and stars which is from their photo. I took orange chalk a rubbed the color, using cotton swabs around the doggy. I stamped the pumpkin and witches hat and fussy cut them out. I coloured the pumpkin in gamsol pencils and the hat, |I used tombow markers. I placed the doggie on the black background and added the hat on top of her head. I used pop up dots to bring the pumpkin out. I stamped the stars and saying in gold and embossed it with this antique sparkle gold powder.  I have to start sending out some Halloween cards.


Angel and saying stamp, Black embossing dye ink, sparkle black embossing powder, Star stickers, black marker, gems, different card stock. Tombow markers

CCAYR- Angels or Nativity
Color Throwdown- grey, lavender, black
HLS- Christmas- Twinkle

I love angels and am not sure why but I always find them beautiful and peaceful looking. Over at Christmas Crafts All Year Round, They have Angels or Nativity which is right up my alley. I love this Angel stamp I have and stamped her on white cardstock and embossed her in the black glitter embossing powder. I took the different papers and layered everything. I used pop up dots for the angel to look 3D. I stamped the saying in the same black and used the same black embossing powder for extra glitter. I added the stars that I coloured in black and the gems.

Are you sick of all the merchandise being placed out so early? Do you still dress up for Halloween, like I do, to hand out candy? What is your favourite Christmas image? Angels, Trees, Santa, Snowmen, Newt Gingrich...sorry he would be more for Halloween.

18 comments:

  1. Love the cards, Birgit, especially the dog one. ☺ I didn't realize people sent cards for Halloween, too. We haven't participated in years; too chaotic with the dogs, plus, we don't get much traffic on our side street. I agree with your about the way-too-early Christmas advertising and decorating. It starts in Sept. now, which is ridiculous. Since I'm German, my favourite Christmas image is, of course, The Tannenbaum. ☺ Newt Gingrich? Hahaha! The Grinch, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the dog. That's a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card for Halloween! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes a lot of effort for workers to change the stores out for Christmas stuff. I always think it's funny people get mad. Like it really effects their lives in any way shape or form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind the early for crafting, but it seems Christmas is already everywhere. And for us in the US, our cut off used to be Thanksgiving (end of November), but it hasn't been for years. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dog is a fun one indeed. And why not share, the stores can do it, so can everyone else haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! LOVE the images you used! Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's such a fun twist on Halloween! Great card. Thanks for playing at The Male Room,hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hard to believe Halloween's already next week!

    Lovely cards, as always. I used to dress up when my daughter was younger - something complementary to hers. I was Inspector Clouseau to her Pink Panther one year, for instance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Last week I was at Sam's (think WalMart with membership requirements) and they had Christmas on one aisle facing Halloween on another. You are not too early, but right on time. I haven't created Halloween cards in two years, but I've received two this year. I may be too late to make some.

    I love both your cards. I really LOVE the dog for Halloween, but your angel is so peaceful and reverent. Great job because I am NOT a card maker, so I am in love with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous angel! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Birgit,

    Good job on the cards. Yes, I hate seeing retailers push the holiday merchandise early. I think there needs to be a season to enjoy each but they just blend everything together. It's all about the money, nothing else. I remember the day when the first Christmas commercials didn't show until after Thanksgiving but now we see them before Halloween. We discourage Trick or Treaters to show at our house by keeping the light off. I don't like the interruption and who knows really what real horrors on waiting on the otherside of the door. I think it's safer for everyone if kids are kept to a closely monitored social at church, mall, or one's own neighborhood. I'm appalude with how parents just take their kids to these big subdivision just so they can get a huge haul of candy. Just because someone lives in a fancy house doen't mean they are a good person. My favorite Christmas image is a nativity scene. Have a good day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great card - he looks fab in his witches hat.
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the light glitter card. Thanks for joining us in CCAYR challenge. Hope you will participate in our next challenge. Martina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Angel..

    Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry so late commenting! I’ve had a busy couple of months!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please check the Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round blog. You won a $20 GC.

    ReplyDelete