Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Music Fest Wednesday

 


I went for a walk with my brother now that I feel much, much better and we came across this fun garden scene. I thought it was very inventiveso out came the camera. You can see I am in my Met Gala outfit for the backwoodsman. I'm joining the wonder Cathy at Curious as a Cathy for the Monday Music Moves Me challenge all about songs and/or Groups/Singers that ate just one word/name. Here are mine...

1. RAPTURE BY BLONDIE-1980

I like Blondie and this was a different song that, at one time, I memorized the lyrics to. I had no idea this was one of the first hits for a "rap" song. I'm not into rap, for the most part but I do like this. 

2. PRIDE BY U2-1984

I love U2 and had a thing for Bono..still do:). It's also titled In The Name Of Love and has to do with Martin Luther King Jnr. I had no clue..just lovevthe song and it is one of the rare times I actually saw a band! I saw them back in the late 80s. 

3. BUMBLEBEE BY ABBA-2021

Well, you know ABBA would be here because I love them and they made so many songs with one word. This is from their newest CD about the plight of the bees dying. We better wake up and save these critters or we will pay for it. 

4. EAGLE BY ABBA- 1977

Since Mother's Day just passed, I am adding this because my mom loved this song. Bjorn and Benny both loved the band "The Eagles" so this is an homage to the band B & B loved.

5. CHIQUITITA SUNG BY ABBA-1979

Thos means "little girl" in Spanish and became a huge hit in Spain and Latin America especially when ABBA released their Spanish album with this song on it. I do have the Spanish album and love it.

There are quite a few more but I had to give 3 ABBA songs.

What would you choose?

16 comments:

  1. Hi, Birgit!

    Happy Wednesday music fest day, dear friend! I'm happy to learn (and see) that you are better this week and getting out and about. I didn't see any snow drifts in that picture, so I take it your weather has also been improving.

    Blondie's hit single "Rapture" featuring a rap interlude by Debbie Harry brings back memories of my clubbing years. The extended dance mix of this song played often in the venues I frequented. I also owned a copy of that 12-inch single during my stint as a freelance DJ working at a nightclub and entertaining friends at private parties.

    You were lucky to see a live show by U2 years ago. I enjoyed "Pride" and didn't know it was primarily a reference to the life and death of MLK. I am pleased to hear one of the latest songs by ABBA, a song with an important message about the changes taking place to the earth and its wild creatures. "Eagle" and "Chiquitita" are very familiar with because I have both on CD and on the DVD containing the group's official music videos.

    I'm going old school by naming Steam, the NY-based psychedelic pop rock band famous for recording a song that became Billboard's last multiple-week chart topping hit single of the 1960s decade -- "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye."

    Thanks for the midweek music, dear friend BB. Take good care of yourself and my buddy Harley and I'll be back to see you tomorrow, sitting in the balcony-- "At The Movies!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I danced to Blondie many times. I'm glad you like my choices and I love your choice. Always fun to hear the music

      Delete
  2. Birgit, Hi! Fun outfit and great music. Thanks for stopping by at Natasha musing last week. Sorry, I'm a tad bit late though.

    We all are Abba fans. I love Chiquittita. And "nothing compares to Bono, as well. He is the coolest and has such an outstanding stage presence.

    Have a wonderful y week. And you have a lovely blog here.
    Love,
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that you like my blog. I always loved U2 but they are so in tune with the 80s crowd. How can anyone not love ABBA:)

      Delete
  3. That is a great photo! I would've taken one too lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..don't you love that little house

      Delete
  4. Loving your purple outfit! I like Blondie and Abba, but really detest Bono. Can’t put my finger on it, he just annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the purple. I'm surprised you dislike him so. That cracks me up...lol

      Delete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. Love the pic.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birgit,

    Excellent single word bands in your feature line-up! U2 is a good band but Blondie and Abba are fabulous bands. I'm definitely more connected emotionally with those two as U2 didn't truly register with me until after I started blogging. It's funny how music has gone unnoticed like that with me for years. That's one of the wonderful things about the social media, you eventually are exposed to something new that's old. :) Thanks for joining the 4M party, my dear. Psst, when you get a chance stop by listen to a new album by a returning musician on CAAC. Have a boogietastic day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the galnyou have showcased at your blog. A beautiful voice. U2 was so big in the 80s and loved that guitar sound from The Edge. Mind you, he needs an actual name...hahahaa

      Delete
  7. I didn't know any of the ABBA songs. I enjoyed all of them. U2 is always a winner, too, and I have always loved Rapture. I was going to include Badge by Cream and forgot - remembered too late. For ABBA I might have included Fernando.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Birgit - good to see you out and about ... take care - while listening to all those iconic songs - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete