Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Dog Days of Summer

 


The picture, above, was taken, last Wednesday, from my work place. To say it was hard to breathe in would be apt plus it felt like I was in a sauna. The ugly smell worked its way into the air conditioners, but it was still much better than working outside. The following day, the sky was white and I thought I would see ash, but, thankfully, that did not happen. This is not the usual dog days but I had to showcase it and it saddens me that, when the U. S. have major wildfires or any other major calamity, our firemen travel down to help. Last year ( I think it was last year) when there were those major wild fires in California, many of our firefighters went down to help. Now, I’m not sad about that, but sad that when many Canadians have lost everything due to the wildfires in northwest Ontario, the horrible smell and crap from the fires drifted where I live and went south into the U. S. Your so-called leader used this to add more tariffs and blamed us! I am praying that most of you do not blame Canada for something we have no control over since this is Mother Nature. I don’t believe any firefighters, from your nation, come to help ( I hope I am wrong and please correct me if that’s the case), but I do believe you feel bad for the many people who lost everything. Remember, there have been times that your smoke came our way and we did not blame you. I am sorry but I just had to speak out about this latest diarrhea spewing from your hairpiece in the Oval Office. 

Ok, the dog days of summer which are hot, humid and sweaty! Back in the day, I did dance the night away to these songs I have listed below and I went with a different part of what Heat does….sweat! I am joking the Monday Music Moves Me and here we go…

1. DANCING WITH MYSELF SUNG BY BILLY IDOL-1981

I cannot believe that Billy Idol played at my University the first year I attended. I danced to this song and many other hit songs from him while I was, maybe, 10 ft from the stage and could have touched him. It was a lot of fun to say the least and, even though it was early September, it was hot. 

2. EVERYBODY DANCE NOW SUNG BY C + C MUSIC FACTORY AND MARY WASH-1990


Even though this has rap in it, I really like this song and danced to it so many times and also sings about sweat because that’s what most people do. When you watch the video you see this nice thin gal sing this song, but it came out that she just lip synced and Mary was the singer. It went to the courts to have her recognized on this song…how sad is that? 

3. NEED YOU TONIGHT SUNG BY INXS-1987

I love this band and this song which was a main reason for buying the CD. I played that CD so many times, I wore it out…lol. This is one sexual song and who doesn’t want to have that kind of sweat. I was really upset when Michael Hutchence died and it is ruled a suicide. I don’t think it was by suicide but, like David Carradine, I think he was trying to seek sexual pleasure by choking himself but, like Carradine, died as a result. That is just a little too weird but it happens. His voice just exuded sex and was perfect for this song and many others. 

Which songs did you dance to that made you sweat?


No comments:

Post a Comment