Monday, April 26, 2010

Challenges


















Well I finished my challenges for Christmas Cards All Year Round( 5 cards in baby blue, soft yellow, soft pink and pale green). I made one of the cards in the design for Christmas Stampin all year round(the Green one). I completed the Flutter by Wednesday(a sketch) and Crafty Creations(Distressing). The last 2 is the yellow card. As you can tell I did my 5 cards for Christmas all year round. I missed March(bummer) as I was on a mission to complete my scrapbook and I had alot of , um, well, crap go on. I am glad I finished the challenges. The yellow card I thought would work for Flutter as that is a closeup of a Da Vinci Angel and it came with its own saying. I used glossy paper and I distressed it by ripping the edges and then burning the edges. I has goldmesh from wedding favours(I think they were those awful sugar coated almonds in them). I tried to highlight pale yellow. The green card-well I goofed on the edges by trying to punch through 2 pieces of paper-that was a mistake so I had to improvise and patch things up:). I actually attempted a pink card as I am officially sick of pink but I wantred to try and so I thought up the idea of the star hanging around(hahaha). The Fairy Queen card well I did not use paper for the background. Wanna guess??? Remember those awful wallpaper from the 70's and one would use this in the bathroom etc... Well that is what it is-wallpaper! My mom, who collects everything(generation, she is 82) kept a wallpaper book from that decade of fashion and interior design sin and I found it and used it for the card. I stamped the fairy in silver and used silver sparkle embossing and then highlighted her wings with stickles. The last card, I must apologise, it was already seen yesterday for the 365 day challenge but it was my 5th card for Christams Cards all year round. Well You know what I did all day. Everyone have a fun day and evening! Oh I didn't reread anything for spelling mistakes so forgive me:)



6 comments:

  1. Wow - you've been busy!!! A wallpaper book, huh?! How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful cards Birgit! Thanks for playing along with the FBW challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun stamping and paper crafting! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Flutter By Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, all of them! CUTE snow men!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl you always make the most gorgeous cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on your card Birgit! Your card is very pretty. . .I love that santa image and you followed the sketch beautifully! Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete