Friday, October 6, 2017

Cards made from the heart

It has been a very sad week with what happened in Las Vegas. I just don't understand the people who claim they must never alter that amendment when that amendment was created when muskets were the major weapon. Heck, back in the 1880s, Wyatt Earp with his brothers made sure to clean up the towns they were watching over by having all people leave their guns before they come into the town. Just think about it.

Ok, these 2 cards are made out of love. My first card was with the people who have been affected by the mass shooting in Las Vegas but it can be used for anyone who needs to know that love and remembrance is what is needed.


Cuddle bug machine, embossing folder, utility knife, butterfly stamp, gold dye ink and gold embossing powder, pastel chalks, gold paint pen, stickers

Addicted To Stamps-Make Your Mark
Alphabet Challenge-O for Oval
Color Throwdown- Orange, Tan, White
Retro Rubber Challenge-Hit The Road, Jack-RRCB72

Butterflies, in native teaching, means joy in life, and I thought this is needed this week more than ever. Think about it, The Monarch starts hitting the road and travels thousands of miles from Canada and Northern U.S. all the way to central Mexico. I stamped and embossed the butterflies, which I bought about 1 1/2 years ago, and coloured them with the pastel chalks. I embossed the folder by running it through the cuddlebug machine. I took my knife and cut out the oval centre which I adhered to the butterfly paper. I coloured the edge and filigree with the wink of Stella gold pen and added the corner stickers.


Brusho colour powders, bird home stamp, embossing dye ink and blue dye embossing powder, saying sticker.

Happy Little Stampers-CAS Challenge-One Layer
Crafty Creations-Anything Goes

This was an easy card and I tried to make it nice and simple called a CAS. I dabbed a bit of the brusho colour on the white cardstock and spritzed water to activate the colours. You never know what you are going to get. The colours just pop and run where ever they go. Once dry, I stamped the image and embossed it with a dark blue powder. I did the same with the corner stamps and, as per the norm, made them crooked. I added the saying and gave it to my hubby since we celebrated 11 years together. He is my rock and he is a wonderful guy even though I want to kill him on occasion:)

FYI?..I am all better and am hoping soon my pain will be better. I will let you know next week. My mom is slowly ebbing away. She is so skinny and now just wants to sleep. I know that I will get a call, unsure when, that she just never woke up. Truly a good way to go.

47 comments:

  1. Glad you are better. Hopefully your Mom is not in any pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and my mom is not in pain...just winding down

      Delete
  2. Hi, Birgit!

    It is indeed a very sad week and I appreciate your common sense reminders that we are living in the 21st century with 21st century weaponry and need to adjust our thinking about gun control accordingly. I am also very sad to know that your mother is fading, but glad you are able to accept it and know she is at peace. I am happy to learn that you are feeling better.

    Your cards are beautiful. Your Monarch butterflies symbolize joy and give mourning Americans inspiration and hope at this difficult moment in our nation's history. The run together shades of pink and blue created a fabulous anniversary card for your hubby. Happy 11th to you guys and many more to come! (Don't kill him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and eloquence. I’m glad you like my cards and I can’t believe 11years has gone by

      Delete
  3. I thank my lucky stars every day that I live in a country where guns are illegal...and so sad that common sense doesn’t seem to be taking hold in the US....
    Loving both your cards I must have a go with brusho’s.I bought some...a while back so must have a go...lovely vibrant colours you have achieved...praying for Mom xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m with you about living in a country with gun control. I can’t wait to see what you will do with the Brushos because you are so artistic

      Delete
  4. Cards are beautiful. Really like the splash of color in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, they love their antique gun amendment.

    Cards turned out really great indeed. Great that your better, hopefully your mother isn't in much pain. Going in one's sleep is the way to go. Not that it makes it any easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m better and am happy about it. My mom is not in pain..just fading away

      Delete
  6. Your cards are beautiful. It is a sad week again in the US and with the law as it is, and the mindset of so many people being as it is over guns, it is sadly unlikely to be the last time. The gold embossing on the butterflies and the sweet corners are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad you like my card and that it fits!

      Delete
  7. I echo your sentiments as well. What a lovely tribute with your beautiful card for the LasVegas victims and families! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure who I feel sorrier for in this post, you or the people of Vegas. My heart goes out to you as you prepare for losing your mother. I hope she holds off until you can prepare yourself for the loss. Glad you are feeling better, at least.

    Both cards are fabulous, and I was in awe of the butterflies. They are truly amazing, aren't they.

    I've never seen Brushos, but I sure like how you used them in your background. Both cards are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Las Vegas is sad 😞 overall and shocking and mine is intimate but expected. One can only do so much to be prepared. I think you would love brushos..it is a lot of fun to use

      Delete
  9. Sending good energy for you and your mom. Love your butterfly cards. I like the native symbolism and also always think of transformation when I see butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards and beautiful thoughts. The world looks on and it seems none of us understand these gun laws. Glad to hear you are better and hoping for a peaceful release for your Mom when it comes. Happy anniversary to you and Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your cards look fantastic!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty cards, thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely tribute to those who have lost life and loved ones, Birgit.
    A big hug to you and your mom. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly a good way -- to slip from sleep into eternity. I love you, Birgit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are such pretty cards! I love the butterflies in remembrance of the Las Vegas victims. Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry about your mother. Glad you're feeling better. Pretty cards. I think I like the 2nd one best.

    As for guns, no, not everyone around these parts is for the 2nd Amendment and the NRA. The NRA has bought the majority of Congress, and so they won't do anything to displease the minority that pays them so handsomely.

    Yes, it's ridiculous. I wish I knew what we could do. (One of my neighbors was one of the slain.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m shocked that you knew someone from the shooting and my heart goes out to their families. From what I have read and heard, most are for gun control but it is all about power and money

      Delete

  17. I’m thankful to live in the UK where guns have to be licensed and kept under lock and key.
    I like both of your cards but especially the one made with brusho’s, the colours are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I’m glad you like my splash of colour

      Delete
  18. I feel so badly for you and your mom. The soft bromide, "That's the way of all things" is not comforting, I know. Seeing my father-in-law sliding away, too. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and every bit helps. I’m so sorry to hear about your dad in law...hard to deal with

      Delete
  19. Losing our moms is one of the hardest things we ever do in this life. Thinking of you. Hope you continue to improve health-wise, too. So sorry this has been such a difficult time for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to see ones mom dying. She has always been my rock and I think you truly understand just from your comment.

      Delete
  20. Thank you for checking out my card

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a good point about checking the guns at the jail or leaving them at home since our views so often seem to echo the old west.
    Hope your mom is having a good day and that you're having a pain free one.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Birgit,

    The shooting in Las Vegas was horrible. Unfortunately, bad people in Wyatt Earp's day are different from today. Bad people now are hell bent on destroying other lives because they are miserable. It's like "if I can't be happy than you can't be happy!" mindset.

    Your hand-stamped cards are a work of art - beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you've had a pain free day, filled with sparkle.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't be afraid to leave areas of white space for our CAS challenges... and strictly speaking there should be no additional layers for a one layer card... including stickers!
    I love the effect of those Brushos!
    Thanks so much for entering the CAS Challenge at Happy Little Stampers!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the effect of those Brushos, so pretty. And I like that you stamped in dark blue rather than black. So sorry to hear about your dear mum, I hope she's comfortable.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope your mom is having a good day and that you're having a pain free one.


    เกย์

    ReplyDelete