Monday, October 16, 2017

Loving Animals..a Couple of Cards

I love animals even the ones that can destroy a garden or are considered pests. Now, I have been known to set mouse traps and get those little critters and rats can stay away, but I do love most creatures. I created 2 cards and hope you like them.


various brown cardstock, distress inks, apricot brown dye ink, rubber stamps, Gamsol Pencils, stencil, mica spray, embossing powder, scissors, stickles glitter

Christmas Cards All Year Round- Monochromatic browns
Addicted to Stamps-Holiday
Dream Valley-One For The Boys
Tuesday Throwdown-Stencilling

I had fun creating this card..I usually do especially when I want to escape  the craps of life. I took a basic white cardstock and  rubbed distress ink colours, in browns, and then wetted (is this a word?? meh...who cares) it down for a muted effect. I placed a wood stencil pattern over top and sprayed the bronze mica spray to achieve that background effect. I stamped the deer image and coloured it with gamsol pencils along with the mountain and trees in the background. I fussy cut the image and adhered it to the card. The snow part in front, I cut from the image and placed it with pop up dots to create some depth. I did the same thing with the 2 trees that I stamped on a separate piece of paper, cut them out and placed on each side of the mountain background. I stamped the Merry Christmas Stamp in bronze and embossed it with terra cotta powder. I added some stickles for some glitter and 2 border stickere that I coloured in brown marker.


white glossy cardstock, rainbow ink pad, roller, dog rubber stamp, post it note, scissors, leafy stamp and saying stamp, black ink pad.

Crafty Creations-Anything Goes
Glitter N' Sparkle-Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers:CAS-One Layer
Simon Says-Thinking Of You

My best friend, the one going through that horrible divorce, just lost her doggie, April. April was a border collie who kept my dear friend company through thick and thin. Unfortunately, April was 13 and had arthritis. She found her doggie, in the morning, all curled up as if asleep. I guess it's a great way to go but, as many of you know, it is horrible to suffer the loss of a pet so I made this quick card for her. I first stamped the image of the dog onto the glossy white card. I also stamped the same image on the post it note and then cut it out and placed over top of the main image on the card stock. I took my brayer(a roller) and rolled it over and over my one rainbow pad until enough colour was on it and simply rolled the colour onto the white card. I took off the post it note and, Voila!, the doggie image looked great! I stamped the leafy stamp around the edges and I stamped the saying and that is that! She loved her card.

Just to keep you posted, my mom is stable but going down. She eats a little but still loves her coffee so she drinks most of that. She ate her donut yesterday which is good. She no longer goes to the dining area and eats in her bed with the PSW's help or, if we are there, myself or my brother feeds her. She sleeps most of the time now but she still knows who we are which is good. I am going through pictures to get prepared and I have to laugh at how many pictures I have where my mom has her mouth open:)

53 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much work you always put into the cards you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Birgit...I adore the first one it is so atmospheric...a real stunner,as is the second card which was made with so much love for your friend ...it’s dreadful loosing a pet,they are really our family....the news of Mom is heartening that she knows you is such a bonus...keep smiling for her sending hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you like my cards. My mom is the same....

      Delete
  3. Hi, Birgit!

    I wish I could wave a wand and make your heartache disappear, dear friend. I know how hard it must be for you to be waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hope your mother stays comfortable in the time she has remaining.

    Meanwhile, you were very thoughtful to put together that lovely card for your friend who lost her beloved pet April. I can see why she loves her card and appreciates this kind gesture on your part. Focusing on others in distress helps us to cope with our own problems, doesn't it? I also admire the Christmas card you created with the deer and mountain scene on it.

    Good work, dear friend BB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right...it’s good to focus on others and think of them. Glad you like my cards

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for your friend's loss. She will love her card.
    It sounds like your mom is comfortable which is so important.
    I'm thinking of you.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend misses her pooch but she loved her card. Mom is holding steady

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about your best friends fur baby. My condolences. Pets do get us through some hard times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do get us through the tough times

      Delete
  6. How sad she lost her dog. She'll really like that card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved her dog but she was very happy to get the card

      Delete
  7. Horrible when they pass indeed. One happy pup on the card though. Most critters are fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks! She loved her card and they are a blessing

      Delete
  8. Great cards, but sorry about your friend’s dog, and of course your mom. Hope you are bearing up and your own health is stable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes, I’m ok, but I always look at the phone now

      Delete
  9. Such a special card celebrating dogs life. A parents last day with her adult children is always filled with love. One you'll always forever treasure, the words spoken and stuff you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love is always a big part and one that we need, deserve and fondly remember

      Delete
  10. Both cards are beautiful, but of course I favor the one with the dog. I'm so sorry for your friend. The card is an excellent way to honor her friend and loyal companion.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you like them especially the one with the dog

      Delete
  11. So sorry to hear about your Mom and your friends puppy. The cards you made are just lovely though. It's so wonderful to know the people we love are thinking of us. You're a great friend.
    Have a fantastic week,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...my friend loved her card and thanks for the compliment

      Delete
  12. Love the cards. I feel sorry for your friend losing her pet at this sad time for her. Glad your mom is stable. Sorry she is declining somewhat though. Great that she still knows who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and my friend loved her card. My mom is ok which is good for now

      Delete
  13. What a sweet card for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love them both. They are both so very different, too. I wish I could make a brayer/roller look as good on a rainbow stamp pad. I don't seem to keep the roller in the same spot every time. Sorry to read about your friend's loss. The dog is adorable, though.

    I am sorry about your mother. I know you are preparing as best you can, but it's still hard when it happens. It's good she still has her memory and remembers you. That's positive. And enjoying her coffee is good, too (says this addicted caffeine addict).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom loves her coffee! She ate well today...for her and is stable. My friend loves her card and I’m glad you like it. As far as the brayer, after you load the colour on, you start before the card and roll it off the card and then backward, repeating until you have to depth of colour you like

      Delete
  15. Beautiful cards, Birgit! Love the second one especially. So cute.

    Hugs for the update about your Mom. It is a tough situation. I wish you both happy moments to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting Vidya! I so appreciate your kind words. Mom is ok...holding her own

      Delete
  16. I love both of the cards so much. And the second one is so touching knowing the story behind it. It must have meant so much to your friend.
    So sorry to read about your mom. I know we try to prepare but there's no way to really be ready. Thinking of you and your family. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like both cards. My friend loved her card and my mom is ok for now but, yes, it is tough

      Delete
  17. Cool, I really like these too! You do such great work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad your mom is still enjoying her coffee;)
    Hope you had a productive day and are having a pleasant evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m doing ok and thank you for asking. Mom is eating but she eats more when they feed her now.

      Delete
  19. The cards are so beautiful and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very beautiful! Thank you for joining us at the ATSM challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're a generous friend. It's easy to see why your friend appreciated the doggy card.
    I'm glad that you and your brother can be there with your mom in her final chapter, and that she knows it.

    Love to you, Birgit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and so happy mom is still with us. My friend loved her card

      Delete
  22. Another pair of awesome creative cards, Birgit. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope today has been good for you and your mom:)
    Did you get anymore beautiful cards made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Mom had a good day as she ate most of her food. They now have to feed her but whatever works. I am almost done a Halloween card

      Delete
  24. What a lovely pair of card Birgit and I particularly love the rich feel of your gold card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A fabulous card and a great design. Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love animals too. Always fun to see your card creations. So creative! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope today has been good for you and your mom:)


    เกย์

    ReplyDelete
  28. A really interesting one layer card, I love how you've left the image uncoloured and added colour to the background instead,
    Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card - thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete