Tuesday, October 16, 2018

A Card or 2! OK Maybe 3

I was so excited this past weekend..why? I found out I could get Google Chrome on my tablet which means I could write this and download pics from my tablet! It’s even better because I could no longer post on people’s blogs from the regular tablet way (make sense??) for some reason...it would not take at all which is weird. Anyway, I thought I would post a couple of cards here...

Shit! I tried to download the pics from my tablet and it won’t work...grrrrrrrr. So writing this on my tablet but the pics will be downloaded and placed here when I’m at work (shhhhhh).

I love Halloween and here are a couple of cards I created which, I think, lend to the air of spookiness.


Perfect Pearls, vista ink stamp, owl stamp, leaf stamp, pumpkin & spiderweb stamp. Black ink stamp, multi-coloured autumn stamp, scissors, tombow markers, stickers and glossy accents

Alphabet Challenge- O is for Owls
Animal Friends- Halloween
Cute Card Thursday- Halloween

This was a fun Card to create using the Perfect Pearl powders for the owl image. I enjoyed creating this card with those perfect pearls in oranges, kiwi and bronze that I dusted over the stamped image of the owls and saying. I did a quick stamp of the leaf as a border, in different colours, from the
autumn multi-stamp pad. I stamped the cobweb, with spider, and the pumpkin and embossed the web
 in black sparkle and the pumpkin in basic black. I fussy cut those 2 out and used pop up dots to adhere them in place finishing the pumpkin with glossy accents. I put all the pieces together and finished it off with a sticker border.


Fusion Challenge- Combine the sketch & the image or do one or the other


Distress inks, water, different rubber stamps, black ink,  clear embossing powder. Stickers, scissors.

I finally am able to join the Fusion challenge which is a challenge because it is pastel colours but I think I did an ok job. I used distress ink pads which I stamped on a craft wipeable mat, I sprayed water on it and just placed the white card on top to get the colours on, letting it drip to make it look like a cute pink bunny just got whacked. ..tooo harsh😈...Anyway I stamped the different images,  embossed and cut them out and adhered a couple of them with pop up dots. I stamped the spiderweb in white and embossed in clear which just shows the stamp a little but I wanted it to be more white..oh well. I stamped the saying in black and embossed it in clear finishing it off with sticker 
borders that I coloured in black.

My 3rd card....



Flower Challenge- Add Sparkle

Glitter, flower and border Stickers(Gold), distress spray, black & red marker, colour burst, water

Dream Valley-Flower
Eclectic Ellapu- Autumn
Penny Black-Autumn Splendour
Crafty Creations-Anything Goes

Who doesn’t love sparkle?? I took a flower sticker and placed it on cardstock that I had coloured with colour bursts. Colourbursts come in different colours and the bottle looks like a small dristan nasal spray bottle. It's filled with powder which you just sprinkle a bit on what paper. When you spray water on it you watch the colour explode! I surrounded the images with sticker borders I coloured in black and red. I added the sparkle on the flowers & I did not sneeze which was a good thing. I took the olive green cardstock and, using a distress spray, sprayed it with gold which just shimmers. I added the border stickers and saying that I coloured in black.

I am working on more and yes, Christmas cards are involved.

49 comments:

  1. Christmas will always be done at your shore, just at a little halloween interruption haha The owls really caught the eye on the first. Like how there is a lot going on in the second too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Birgit!

    I came to see your cards, dear friend, and I'm glad I did! I especially like the first two that you created just in time for Halloween. I like the first one because it features owls and because purple and pumpkin orange go well together and are two of my favorite colors. With the spooky spider web and colorful autumn leaves, it's a beauty. I also admire the artistic composition and color combo of the second card - wonderful!

    Thank you for playing show and tell, dear friend BB, and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you like my Halloween cards and enjoy taking a gander

      Delete
  3. You do such amazing work.
    Yes, Christmas is just a little over two months away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You come up with some absolutely astonishing cards, Birgit! (I had originally written "absolutely amazing", but then I saw Alex's comment above!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the new word...I love using the word amazing myself

      Delete
  5. So sorry your tablet isn't letting you upload pictures. I wonder why that is. There must be a fix.

    I love that first card. Very perfect for October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried every which way but it never worked. Glad you like my owl card

      Delete
  6. Those Halloween cards are great and definitely add a bit of spooky fun! Hope you get all your tablet issues figured out. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tablet is a mystery but so happy you like my cards

      Delete
  7. Boo! I love the colors you chose for your second and third cards. I was painting stuff today and achieved getting those red and blue colors in your second card but not the oranges and reds in your third.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t wait to see your artistic endeavours. I think you can get the reds and oranges together. I just placed the colours on a steel plate, spritzed with water and put the card on it. The colours came onto the card. I dried it and repeated it.

      Delete
  8. Loving your Halloween cards Birgit... very spooky....and loving the background on your last card they are great fun to do....I have never worked out how to post pictures to my blog from my iPad it’s infuriating xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is high praise from someone as artistic as you. I love doing backgrounds but have to come up with a way to show them off.

      Delete
  9. I absolutely LOVE your cards. They always speak to me. I especially liked the second Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad you like my cards especially the 2nd one since I wasn’t sure about that one

      Delete
  10. PS: Don't you just love how technology gets in the way of blogging at times?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! Your pretty card with the owl is wonderful. Love the embossing! Thank you for playing with my owl challenge at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the owl card and I hope to join again too

      Delete
  12. Wow! I never realized that there is an art to making those cards.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so annoying. Why can't all systems be compatible? Anyway, love those cards! The Halloween ones are brilliant and the others so pretty.
    That's Purrfect

    Around My Kitchen Table

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards here, I esp. love the last one with that pretty flower and all the added sparkle you added.Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Toll gemacht. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really lovely creation for our 'Autumn Splendour' theme at Penny Black and More challenge, thanks so much for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cards! Purrfect for the season.
    How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my cards. I am in bad pain today to be honest but this will pass

      Delete
  18. Such pretty cards, thank you so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful autumnal colours. Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love sharing them and seeing other creations

      Delete
  20. Hi Birgit - love the cards ... and you're so clever with your creations - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I try to be clever sometimes the neurons are blasting off instead of being duds

      Delete
  21. Good for you at continuing on with all the techno stuff until you got things the way you wanted! I think some of the problems you described might be caused by Blogger misbehaving, as so many people are having difficulties of one sort or another. It was worth it to enjoy the 4 pretty cards you've made. You did much more than 'ok' with your pastel colors - it's lovely. And I really loved the effects of your perfect pearls. The torn leaf border on #1 is very attractive on your nifty Halloween card. Good job on ALL of these! TFS & Hugs- have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to win of this techno crap. I'm so glad the pastel card is a hit. I love working with perfect pearls and am happy you like my leaf border. I came up with that at the last minute.

      Delete
  22. If you’re working on a tablet, it’s fiddly, but can be done. I’vr just done it on a test run. So pleased because I use my iPad more than my laptop. Here is a link to the Google forum I got the info from. https://support.google.com/blogger/forum/AAAAY7oIW-wk-BBZ5rP1xc/?hl=en

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! When I am home I will look this up on my tablet:)

      Delete
  23. Love your Perfect Pearls detailing on your Fusion card! I always forget to use them yet love the pearlized look. Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards! The shine on your Fusion card works so perfectly with the colors you've used. Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete