Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Fairy Land Special

Fairy stamp, different papers, silver embossing pad, silver glitter embossing powder, wallpaper, glitter. Pearl drops, glitter pens, scissors

Christmas Crafts All Year Round-Santa, Elf or Fairy.
Winter Wonderland-Colour It.
Cute Card Thursday-Sparkles

Here you thought I was talking about my friend's home in Vancouver:) ...close but not quite as he would never be caught dead in this outfit.

I decided to go the fairy route because I don't have an elf stamp at all (I must remedy that) and I have done Santa cards so I went this route and had fun creating this card. This is a new stamp that I bought when I was in Vancouver. I stamped the fairy and coloured her with glitter pens and fussy cut her out. I have this nice paper in a soft pink which I thought worked for the fairy on the lily pad. I layered the card in different papers and I used a snowflake die cut on...wallpaper. This wallpaper is from the 60s or 70s that was in a big binder my mom had. How my mom got this binder, I have no idea.



Paste, different paint colours, craft knife, silver stamp pad, cottage stamp & leaf stamp, blue crystals, word stickers, gold paint, star stencil.

Addicted to Stamps-Anything Goes
Crafty Creations-Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers: Mixed Media-Men

I saw something at a restaurant and thought up the idea of creating a sky. I took my pallette knife into the paste I coloured in green, purple, red and yellow and just gobbed it down onto cardstock. I took blue paper and stamped the cottage and leaves down then adhered it to the pasted part. I placed the letters down on a small strip and glued that down. Finally, I took some blue crystals that come in a line and glued that down. I added some stars using gold paint and a star stencil. I thought it looked like the northern lights and gave this to my hubby for no reason except that I love him. He spent some of his youth on Baffin Island and saw these lights many times and even slept in an igloo overnight after a day of fishing for arctic char(no, he is not Inuit).


17 comments:

  1. I like the fairy! We used to get sample binders from wallpaper shops when the range changed and used the sheets to cover our school exercise books. I had forgotten all about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second one is great but I LOVE the first one!
    Hope you are feeling energized and pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the gobbed effect. Gob and smear, then blend is the way I paint. Your fairy is cute. She reminds me of Jessie Wilcox Smith's illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first really stands out indeed. The second's effect turned out grand. Really makes you stop and look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet fairy Birgit always great fun to buy a new stamp....and your lovely colourful paste sky on your second card,no better reason to give a card than love...going all sloppy now.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards! I love that sky and the story of your husband. Imagine sleeping in an igloo, but arctic char is some of the yummiest fish so I hope he hd a good meal. Hope you are doing well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fairy, and I'm not big on fairies normally. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project..Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the splash of colors in your Starry Night card, Birgit. It's beautifully cheery.
    Be and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birgit,

    You do such nice work. I hope to get started on my hand-stamped Christmas greetings soon but there's a zillion other things that need my attention. I'm not going to push things if it happens, it happens and if not I have plenty of store-bought cards I can use this year. The Christmas season is to be savored not hurried. Thanks for sharing your talents with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure your hubby loved the card and that you cared enough to make it for him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Christmas card. The Fairy looks so cold! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So creative and so pretty! You are a talented artist, Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  14. You used to be able to go into wallpaper shops and they would give you the discontinued wallpaper books. I'd LOVE to get ahold of retro wallpaper. Lucky you. Loved that card, and enjoyed the second one because of the backstory about your husband. Both are fabulous cards, Birgit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. I love silver for Christmas and this is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your fabby looking card. It looks smasing! Thank you for taking the time to join us over at the Winter Wonderland challenges this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete