Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Christmas cards


Cuddle bug, embossing folder, dye ink and embossing powder, fairy stamp, glitter pens, scissors, stickers, sizzex, poinsettia cutting thingy-shit...forgot the name, evergreen punch, crystals

Winter Wonderland-Xmas/Winter Characters-people only
Sparkles Christmas- Embossing
Cute Card Thursday-Festive Colours
ABC Christmas- W for wishes and X for Xmas

I bought this fairy stamp when I was in Vancouver and I love it. I took some scrap paper, of which I have tons, and embossed it with an Xmas folder through the cuddlebug. I stamped and embossed the fairy, coloured her with sparkle pens and fussy cut her out. I put all the papers together and added the Festive Wishes words. I also used thesizzex machine to cut the poinsettia. I hope I am right with the ABC Challenge because it is Christmassy..er...Xmassy. I decided to use a fairy instead of Santa because I thought of the Film "Fantasia" and the beautiful start with the fairies done to the Nutcracker suite.


Alcohol Inks, gold stickles, village stamp, blue embossing ink and powder, tombow markers, scissors, glue pen, lotsa glitter:)

CHNC- Make Your Own Background
Crafty Creations- Anything Goes

I was inspired by "A Starry Night", painted by Van Gogh, to create this scene which can also bring to mind Currier and Ives. I actually created 3 cards with great artists in mind because there was a challenge about this but I was too late in posting them. I will showcase my other 2 soon...I promise. I really enjoyed creating this card using alcohol inks to make the background. I took basic white cardstock and stamped and embossed the village scene with light blue and used tombow markers to colour it in. I added some sparkle(Hahhaa-some is an understatement) on the snowy parts and used the gold stickles to create the swirly background.


White pearly cardstock, red mirror cardstock, Mouse stamp and footprint stamp, letters, red sparkle embossing powder, dye ink, tombow markers, snowflake & border sticker, scissors, glitter

Penny Black-Make Someone Smile
Happy Little Stampers- Christmas-CAS

I made this card rather quickly by stamping the little mouse, that I think is yawning but I decided that he is singing. Elroy, the mouse, is loving Christmas so he is singing up a storm. I coloured him up with some tombow markers, stamped his footprints and added the writing using letters that I stamped in red and embossed in red tinsel. I finished it off with the snowflake stamp and border. Oh, I made the little hat for Elroy and glittered it up too.


Winter scene stamp, silver embossing pad, winter sparkle embossing powder, red tombow marker, various cardstock, ribbon, sizzex machine, cut out letters.

Simon Says- Baby, It’s Cold Outside
Christmas Crafts All Year Round- Gingerbread
Christmas Card Throwdown- Ribbon and Glitter
Animal Friends- Winter
Alphabet Challenge- Reindeer

I think this is a good card for a man as well as a woman with this wintry scene. This is a new stamp which I stamped in silver embossing ink and embossed with the glitter white powder. I took my red tombow marker and coloured in the cardinals and adhered it to the different papers. I finished it off with some ribbon and cut out the words using the sizzex machine.

I feel so much better since my infusion which is to treat my chronic pain. It doesn’t take it away but it really calms it down. To everyone, thank you always for visiting and commenting.

28 comments:

  1. Hi Birgit - I admire your creativity ... and so good to read you bought one of the stamps up here in Vancouver on your visit this year. Good for you ... me I go easy for Christmas.

    Good to know the infusion seems to be helping ... take care and continue to improve - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that first one especially is really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing creations!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week for our Challenge!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Birgit!

    I told you before how much I like "deep greens and blues," and the first two cards popped for me. I appreciate the composition, too, and the joyful, inspiring messages on all four cards. The last two cards are brilliant in their simplicity.

    I wish you a happy week ahead, dear friend BB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first really catches the eye. The second sure has a ton of detail. Having pain go down is a win too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you found something to ease the pain, Birgit. Big hugs.
    Your cards are full of winter holiday fun and delight. I like your second card, the crossroads of Currier & Ives and Van Gogh, very cool. And, the mouse card cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love the mouse. That's my favorite of the bunch. I do remember that fairy stamp. Very useful, that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Birgit. That Van Gogh sky is really amazing on the village scene. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. All nice, but I like the first one best Very colorful!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning cards. Just another reason why I don't make cards. Yours are beautiful beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the singing mouse, also starry night and the winter scene. The top one is also lovely, but a bit too much on it for me. Glad the infusion is doing some good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely selection of Christmas cards.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful cards! You are so creative, Birgit. ☺ Glad you're feeling better, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous selection of cards, I love the designs and colours, love them all, couldn't choose a favourite, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful set of Christmas cards.
    Thank you for joining our fun at Happy Little Stampers Xmas.
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been very busy. That little mouse makes me laugh. I like that peaceful, sparkly winter scene. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely embossed card. Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas this month. Lynne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards! I love the deer in the forest and how you embossed them. Very pretty indeed! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the embossing. Such a lovely card.Thanks for joining in with us over at Sparkles Christmas. hugs Debs DT. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful assortment of cards!
    Thanks so much for joining us for our November challenge at Penny Black and More, please do come back again on Sunday for our new theme!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful cards!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cards, Birgit!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I love all of these, but that mouse one! So adorable.

    Have you ever considered a craft fair? I went to one where they were selling homemade cards that were nowhere near as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great projects!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete