Sunday, April 18, 2021

Sunshine

 


Simon Says- Clean & Simple
Retro Rubber- Pastels rrcb156
Color Throwdown- yellow, Blue, grass green, White-ctd638
Flower Challenge- Pretty Pastels

I wanted to use my pastel chalk and colour with them. It's spring, so tulips are in order. I had this stamp for 8 years or so and like using it just like all the rest of my stamps but this one has not come out to play in a while. I stamped and embossed the tulips in gold and then I had some fun colouring in my tulips with my pastel chalks. I use cotton swabs to colour with my pastels and find they work quite well. I edged and highlighted the tulips in blue before stamping and embossing the sentiment in blue. I used my cotton swab that already had yellow on it to just colour around the saying. For some sparkle, I used my stickles on my tulips.


Crafty Creations-Anything Goes
 
I have a ton of calendar pages that, no, I can't throw out. I spent a few months going through all of them and cutting them out including even the back, with the small pictures, that I can use on cards. I received, a few years back, a Victorian calendar which was quite romantic and, while it is not completely my taste, I did save and cut out some images that I thought were nice including this one. Now, this could be for Easter but I was thinking of Alice in Wonderland. I actually love this one Crafting Blog Challenge called the Library Challenge but she is taking a hiatus. I hope she does come back because I enjoy this blog. I love the blue background since blue is my favourite colour, it's glittery and it matches Alice's dress. I have 2 sizes flower punch which I used to make the flowers, glued them in place and added the gold crystal in the middle. I took letter stickers which asks, "Do you have the time?" You know the rabbit is asking Alice since she did just take a hit of acid. For a finishing touch I added the heart. 

Wishing everyone a great week ahead.

14 comments:

  1. Hi, Birgit!

    It's a coincidence that one of the old songs I posted today is "Sunshine." I love your first card showing spring tulips in all their glory basking in the sunshine.

    The second card is a solid winner, Birgit. I admire how you rendered both Alice and the March Hare naturally, not in a whimsical cartoon fashion. Yessum, that's a lovely shade of blue, and the background makes Alice's dress pop.

    You did a fine job with these cards, dear friend BB. Thanks again for coming to Margaret's party at Shady's Place today and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful bright and sunny Tulip creation and perfect for our 'Springtime' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect spring colours Birgit...that’s a lovely stamp and sentiment...and a very romantic vintage second card with the added bonus of a bit of up cycling a calendar...brilliant....
    Hope you are keeping well...take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Spring cards Birgit, the yellow tulips are gorgeous, my favourite colour, and I love your pretty vintage card, it's so pretty, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards, Birgit. I don't make cards because mine would never turn out as nice as yours.

    I also save old calendars my neighbor gives me. The small photos on the back are often the perfect size to pair together in journal pages. BTW, I love Alice and the Hare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much time goes into preparation we dont see in the making but the end result is great. All the pieces which make the final project. The cards must be satisfying. You remind me of Angel Adoree dedication to her craft in Escape to the Chateau.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the first card. Are you telling me the 2nd one isn't from Alice in Wonderland? That was my first impression on seeing it (that it was).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards. They are both great, but I do love those tulips. Happy new week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful cards, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, love the yellow tulips. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards! Thanks for sharing them to us.

    ReplyDelete