Monday, June 5, 2023

More Cards

 


Tic, Tac, Toe- #tttc211- I used Embossing, DIE Cut, Butterfly

I had 8 birthdays in May so I made a few cards. The 3 I showcase here are for my dear friend and her 2 girls. I stuck with a theme involving Spring and butterflies. I had this die cut frame from before and used my cuddlebug to emboss the flowery design. I used my tombow markers to highlight the images. I stamped the letter A( for Ali) and coloured it with the markers. I sponged around it to create a vignette and taped it all in place. Finally, I had this piece of paper I was using as a backsplash for other things and thought it would look good to create a butterfly so I die cut it on my sizzex and glued them in place.


Color Throwdown- CTD#745 colours are Green, yellow a d white.

For her youngest daughter (Zoe) I had another die cut frame and used a silver pen to highlight the edge. I stamped the letter and coloured it in tombow markers and used some white sparkle for the actual letter. I die cut the butterfly from a silver paper and, voila!


Butterfly Challenge- colours used- baby blue, Banana Yellow, Briar Rose, bow

Where the F#^* did my bow go? It's hand drawn and it must be under the one flower petal but it is there, I swear! I took another frame remnant and embossed it through the cuddlebug. I took my versa pad and gently skimmed it across so the pad was only on the top part of the embossed areas. Next, I brushed on the perfect pearl powders in a darker shade and lighter shade of blue to make it shimmer. I stamped the letter T ( for Tori, my friend's older daughter) and coloured it with the tombow markers. I die cut the butterfly using the same scrap piece of paper which looks pretty darn good, actually, and glued it in place. 

I've been busy and making some headway with the never-ending scrapbook. I had a great 4 days off. I hope all of you had a nice weekend. 


6 comments:

  1. What beautiful birthday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are just so beautiful Birgit ,anything with butterflies I just love and your designs and colours are gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum loved butterflies so I would always try to get birthday cards with them on it. She’d have loved these. The middle one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the monogram as the focal point! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards using the initials as the centre point. Love those big bold butterflies too. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete