Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Music I Dont Listen To

 


For some reason my Lexi loves to sleep by our Harley's butt. Maybe there's more warmth there. This week, over at Curious as A Cathy for the Monday Music Moves Me post, it's about Music that I don't normally listen to and I have chosen 3 songs representing the genre.

1. BABY GOT BACK BY SOR MIX ALOT-1992


I can't stand rap and consider most of it just dreck. There are very few rap songs that I don't mind but most are blecchh to me. This is one song that's just stupid, insulting but catchy. I'd never own this song but I could listen to this over M & M ( yes I know, but I can't help myself). 

2. STAYS IN MEXICO SUNG BY TOBY KEITH-2004


I don't care for country music except Johnny Cash and the more rock sided country like "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" but the true twang of country with Conway Twitty and Minnie Pearl..ughh, just give me a gun. Now, that being said, I didn't mind Toby Keith because he brought humor into his music and music videos. This song and the video I found hilarious especially when you take a close look at the guy's family picture. It's a shame he died this year..too young.

3. DROP KICK ME JESUS THROUGH THE GOALPOSTS OF LIFE SUNG BY BOBBY BARE-1976


Twang country mixed with Jesus save me songs.... kill me now.

Ok, some may hate that my last one but each to their own. Some love the religious songs that you hear on the rip off..er..evangelists shows and good for you but I can't hear these...I'd rather listen to fingers on a black board. 

Which songs or genres do you dislike or never listen to?

4 comments:

  1. My dislikes: twangy country music. About 90% of rap and hip-hop. Hard rock where the singers scream and growl the lyrics (with one or two exceptions). Much of today's pop. The song WAP. It's the exceptions that are fun, though. I think Baby's Got Back is so bad it's good and I love it. Don't judge me. That Toby Keith video was one of the funniest videos I ever watched. I'll pass on being dropkicked through the goalposts of life, thank you very much. I loved your playlist. Honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Birgit!

    I'm back visiting the BBC in advance of my triumphant return to blogging this coming weekend. How are you, dear friend? Lexi is brave for sleeping at Harley's butt. I'd be a scaredy-cat for fear of getting overcome by noxious fumes every couple of minutes. :)

    I never thought I'd live to see the day you'd post a rowdy rap song, but I admire you for doing so and for admitting that this particular one is a guilty pleasure. I well remember that gross dance ditty, but not the song and video by Toby Keith. You're right. That sight gag showing the guy's family photo is hilarious. Talk about a strong family resemblance! :) I also remember the song title "Drop Kick Me Jesus," although this is my first (and hopefully last) time actually hearing it.

    Which types of songs do I dislike or avoid listening to? I would say polkas are high on that list along with Hawaiian ukulele music, yodeling and anything involving a kazoo. Amazingly and extraordinarily-coincidentally, you will find all that and more in Part 2 of my Halloween Spooktacular coming your way Saturday morning. I hope you can stop by for some creepy fun at Shady's Place. In the meantime, in-between time, I'll be here waiting for you tamale - sitting in the balcony - "At The Movies!" See you then, dear friend BB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not like rap. I never liked country until I vacationed in Nashville. Opera, ugh! Gospel, no way. Forget hard and acid rock. Gee, I never knew I disliked so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check the song "Would Jesus Wear A Rolex" by Ray Stevens...

    ReplyDelete