Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Enjoying My Vacation

 


We are enjoying our time at my hubby’s Aunt’s house which is right on the Richeleau River. It’s crazy on the weekends in this river with sailboats, fast boats, fat boats and yachts plus skidoos and water skiing. There is almost always a breeze which is most needed on these hot days. I thought of these songs for Freebie Week over at Monday Music Moves Me.

1. COME, SAIL AWAY BY STYX-1977

This is a great song that I love and brings back great memories of my time at Crystal Beach when I rode the rides especially the Blitzer which often played this song.

2. CALYPSO BY JOHN DENVER-1975

I love John Denver and he is one of the people I am still saddened about, to this day, that he died, like John Candy and Robin Williams. This is a song he created for his friend Jacques Cousteau whose boat was The Calypso.

3. ROW, ROW, ROW YOUR BOAT SUNG BY BING CROSBY AND ELLA FITZGERALD -1967

This is an old children’s rhyme that we all know…and, if you don’t, you have been hiding under a rock. I had to sing this song when I was in grade school as, I’m sure, you did as well, but this song has made it into many TV shows and movies but this one was sung by good ole Der Bingle with Ella Fitzgerald on an episode 9f The Hollywood Palace.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your vacation.
    That Styx song is a blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're having a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sailing by Rod Stewart comes to mind, and I wish it didn’t! Also sail Away by Enya. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete