August, the last hurrah before school starts…I still get the shivers when I see back to school commercials. This is also the month when families decide to take a trip with their kids…apparently, that is supposed to be fun. Did you hear about the brat who would not sit down and get strapped in in his airplane chair? Where the FUCK were his parents? The airplane was taxiing when it had to turn back because of that brat and his delinquent parents. I hope they were thrown off the plane and continued on. How rude to all the others in the plane causing much conflagration on the plane, and the whole airport with the costs including the people who tell the planes where to go. Anywhoo….here are my picks for music about August and I am joking the Monday Music Moves Me which is always fun.
1. TIME FOR AUGUST SUNG BY JULIE LONDON-1956
Of course, my Calendar Girl, Julie, is here singing another sultry number from her album, “ Calendar Girl”. I am really enjoying this album and sharing each month with you.
2. STUCK IN THE AUGUST RAIN SUNG BY JETHRO TULL-1995
This was written by the lead singer and flutist, Ian Anderson who sings about the rain in the month of August. My brother introduced me to this band when I travelled with him to school. When I heard him sing about picking his nose, I was grossed out and then Giggled as only a young teen can. I love the style and how unique this band is. I thought this was a good song since St. Catharines, at the beginning of August, received something like 248mm of rain in 2 storms within a week. We made it on the national news due to the amount of rain we received. 80% of basements got flooded and so much was destroyed. There were mountains of garbage, formerly treasures etc.., on the lawns of so many homes. Our mayor called for a State of Emergency as he stood in his flooded basement. Our basement was dry! We had new pipes placed in about a decade ago and my sweetheart fixed around the house and placed extended the eavestrough to have the rain fall further away from the house.
3. COLD WIND IN AUGUST SUNG BY VAN MORRISON-1977
This is a really great song by Van Morrison who captures what August is supposed to be..the oncoming of Fall. Now it just feels like another hot month with the cool nights now starting in September. I really like this song and Morrison puts his own stamp on it with his style.
So, do you know any August songs?

No comments:
Post a Comment