Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Which Song Won The Oscar-1992

 

1992 is this month's pick to find out which song won the Oscar, which one was nominated and which came up nadda! Im joining Monday Music Moves Me this Wednesday:))

1. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU SUNG BY WHITNEY HUSTON

If no one ever heard this song, you must have been living on a deserted island for the 35 years. This song was written by the great Dolly Parton, whom I found out, last night, died yesterday. Im still in shock because I really thought she would live to be 95. This song became a huge hit from the film, "The Bodyguard" but, to be honest, I don't like Whitney's version of this. I feel like she screams it out and just didn't have great control, she let the song take over. I might not make sense but, that's OK, each have their style.

2. WHOLE NEW WORLD SUNG BY BRAD KANE AND LEA SALONGA

This song was written by Alan Menkin with lyrics by Tom Rice who are very much associated with Disney. This is no different since this comes from the animated film, Aladdin. The 2 who sang this were the voices of Aladdin and Jasmine expressing their love for one another.

3. BEAUTIFUL MARIA OF MY SOUL SUNG BY ANTONIO BANDERAS 

This  song is from the film, "The Mambo Kings"  This was Antonio Banderas's  first English language role. I love this song and always to see this film, but have yet to see it. Funny, Antonio Banderas turned down to sing the song at the Oscars so Placido Domingo sang it...the first Spaniard to perform at the Oscars.

So, can you guess who won, who was nominated and which song came up empty? 

I  Honour of the late, great Dolly Parton, here is her version of her own song, " I Will Always Love You."


No comments:

Post a Comment