Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Vegetables and Fruit Songs

 


This week, over at Monday Music Moves Me, it is all bout Vegetables and I am placing fruit in for good measure. I love oranges and eat 3 oranges per day along with 2 apples per day. I also love eating carrots which I eat daily but only raw carrots. I don’t like cooked carrots…blecchh. Broccoli is another vegetable I love since I was a kid and called them trees when I was little. Here re my 3.

1. THE LADY IN THE TUTTI FRUTTI HAT SUNG BY CARMEN MIRANDA-1943

This song is from the film, “ The Gang’s All Here” with the diminutive Carmen Miranda looking 10 feet tall in that huge hat. It is a great number staged by Busby Berkley using all the fruits into a number that is quite suggestive with the strawberries and bananas. The censor guys never caught on to what Busby was showing. 

2. APPLES AND ORANGES BY PINK FLOYD-1967

This is a unique song by the famous band, Pink Floyd and was written by Syd Barrett just before he left the band. It’s quite. Different song about a girl a guy meets in the supermarket. It’s quite psychedelic and I like it plus it’s about the 2 fruits I eat the most.

3. VEGETABLES BY THE BEACH BOYS-1967

This song is quite unique, written by Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks, and I really enjoyed listening to it. 

What veggie or fruit song can you think of?


1 comment:

  1. I guess vegetables don't excite song writers. The last two songs were...weird? As for the first and that dance number, just wow. I can't believe they allowed that in 1943.

    ReplyDelete