Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pixie Gal

Ok so here is my take for Flutter By Wednesdays and Simon Says. Flutter By Wednesday wanted a birthday card and set to a sketch and Simon Says wanted pearls and lace. I decided to combine the 2. I have seen some amazing ladies combine 8 or 9 but I am struggling often with just 2:). I used alcohol inks for the background( pearl, stream, pesto and Wild plum). I stamped the image in black and embossed her with black sparkle. I used my tombow markers and coloured her in and then used a water brush to do some painting and melding( ok my word and you know what I mean:)) I also used perfect pearls for the little extra cardstock you see on either side of the image. I had some lace and decided to try the alcohol inks on that as well. I didn't like the white background of the fairy so I used chalk in blue and pink and a hint of purple. I finished it off with the flower, pearls and stickles which I just rubbed on with my fingers on the background paper. I finally did a card with no negative vibes (noone I know died...thank heavens). Now I can't wait to do my musical card:)) Have a fab day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, a wonderful image and you've created such a gorgeous background.
    So glad you could join in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card!! I love the richness of the colors!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete