Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Round 2! Success!!

 


I am one sick F&^$...Hahahaaa (please hear me cackle with Hairpins flying). I took Monday and Tuesday off for my next round of the colonoscopy travails. This time it worked and I am clean as a whistle...relatively. This got me thinking about songs, yes, songs and I thought of these 3...

1. TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS SUNG BY BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE-1973


This is a great Canadian band headed by Randy Bachman from "The Guess Who" as well. Randy Bachman sings the leads and it's actually about how the glam stars didn't really have to work whereas man good old rock people etc, did. I just thought of the title and, with a glint in my eye, chose it.

2. DIRTY LAUNDRY SUNG BY DON HENLEY-1982


Well, this can happen while running to the john but this song, written by Don Henley and Danny Kortchmar pissed off at how the news was becoming more tabloid. With the deaths of John Lennon and Natalie Wood, he thought about where the news had gone. It's only, it seems gotten worse and very, very partisan not to mention depressing. I would love Walter Conkrite and Edward S Murrow now. I would say one of the best, today, is Christiane Amanpour and Lisa LaFlamme (A decorated CTV News Anchor who was just let go because...they can). 

3. I LIKE TO MOVE IT, MOVE IT SUNG BY SASHA BARON COHEN-2005


I am not a rap person and this was sung by Mark Quashie or, as he calls himself, The Mad Stuntman. Now, is his first name The? I'm just wondering... well, Anyhoo, Mr. Stuntman sang the vocals but it was written by Erick Morillo aka Reel 2 Real...really? Now, far be it from me to say that this song does not show how much the lyrical quality and penmanship far exceeds "Nights In White Satin" or any Led Zeppelin song, just listen to how many times you like to move it, move it. OK enough fun, I have to admit I like this rendition by Cohen, including the animation, rather than the singing of The with all the gals' T & As thrust into my face. Sorry all you wonderful men out there, you will just have to go to Youtube to see that one. 

I had fun writing this one and hope you enjoyed the read. What other cleansing song can you think up?

I hope the people in Eastern Canada are doing better and getting their power back and my heart now goes out to everyone in Florida. Take care!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Birgit!

    Is that pic at the top of the post the famous Tunnel of Love? :)

    Hooray, dear friend! Your ordeal is "behind" you now... no ifs, ands or butts. I'm delighted and relieved to know that your innards checked out AOK. Congratulations! That great news gives your spirits a boost and peace of mind, allowing you to get back to having fun with your blog buddies.

    "Taking Care Of Beeswax" by BTO is a real foot-stomper. How could anyone hold still while that rousing song is playing? It was a biggie in my neck of the woods. Truth be told, I prefer the music Randy made as a member of The Guess Who.

    I also well remember Don Henley's hit "Dirty Laundry." I totally agree with you that news has continued to morph into a spectacle, a carnival sideshow, becoming more and more partisan. You mentioned Geraldo having his nose broken on his TV talk show, a pivotal moment in TV "journalism." when the line was crossed between civilized discussion and debate and the kind of behavior that usually takes place in the pro-wrestling ring. It became profitable to showcase bad behavior on TV news, talk and reality shows and to fan the flames of controversy and hate, and it put us on the slippery slope to what we have today.

    Yessum, I remember Reel 2 Real, and that reggae-rap song "Move It, Move It" is an earworm. Shirley, the ditty will be pounding in my brain all day, hopefully distracting me from what's going on outside my window. Thanks for the love and well wishes as we get ready to tangle with a major hurricane down here. I probably won't be over tamale at this time for your movie post because the storm will be nearing its height and I probably won't have power by that time.

    I'm so glad to see you in such great spirits, dear friend BB. Your happiness is mine. Enjoy the rest of your day and week. Check out my new post at Shady's when time permits. I'll be back to see you when our power is restored. Hugs & smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Good news of the colon front and your song titles really made me smile today-they do work with your topic! Hope all else is well with you. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Birgit - so pleased you've been cleared ... long may it last. Fun songs you've given us ... all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of us are getting sick. I feel you, I'm not well either. Try and take a lot of rest during this time :) These are some beautiful songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. I had that lovely little procedure a couple of weeks ago followed by a mammogram.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be a relief to have that colonoscopy behind you! (Pun intended ☺) Taking Care of Business is a great song and I also enjoyed the movie of the same name, starring James Belushi. We just saw Randy (and Burton) in concert this summer, and that was on the set list. Interesting story behind Dirty Laundry, another good song. As for the last one - I'm movin' on outta here.

    ReplyDelete