Monday, April 22, 2024

A Couple of Cards and some Quail Eggs

 


Addicted to Stamps- Make Your Mark

Fab N' Funky- Add a Sentiment

Tic, Tac, Toe-used Stencil, Green, Foliage 


Dream Valley- Make It Female

Simon Says- Stencil It

This card was made for a wedding that I, unfortunately, could not attend. It took place in Halifax so I just couldn't swing it. She is my ex's niece who still considers me her Aunt and I think of her as my niece. Her wedding was medieval so I stamped my image in black and coloured it in greens, her favourite colour and part of her wedding colours. I took a stencil, placed it on green cardstock and used distress sprays to cover the card in a Foliage type Stencil. I coloured the image in tombow markers and added Swarovski crystal chain and crystals and, finally, the sentiment, to finish the card.


Christmas Card Throwdown- Vintage

I stamped the Santa and coloured him in with my tombow markers adding glitter to his fur. I had a remnant from my other card which I distressed with more green and brown distress inks. I had a parchment laying around for eons so I stamped the writing in apricot brown and took green card stock and stenciled the border in with this glitter gold paste. I glued it all in place added the ribbon and the crystals to finish off the card.

Now, my mom made a l8ving by selling her Faberge style eggs and I saw John, from The Sound of One Hand Typing, speaking about Quail. My mom l9ved the look of the quail egg and the smaller the better. She would create the flower and birthstone for each month inside the egg..all is handmade. She made little baskets and even little jewel boxes with a surprise inside, one is a blue Jay and the other a rose. Cool, eh? Oh and that goblet is from a pudgeon egg I believe.







8 comments:

  1. Clearly you inherited your mom's artistry. My daughter in law used to create her own cards and did a wonderful job. She had a little business for awhile selling them on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are tiny! Now that's a fine art form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards. And those eggs are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Birgit…and your Mums eggs are just amazing….xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards - and wow those eggs look fabulous - what talent running through your blood!
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful odld fashioned Christmas card! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic vintage Christmas card. Thank you for joining at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete