This week is an interesting theme, over at Monday Music Moves Me, which is all about the sandwich. I was going to do an acrostic, my first, but, as you can see, I am very late publishing this week. We just came back home yesterday. It’s an 8 hour drive with 2 quick stops to gas up and go to the loo. We came home to a mess. Bless my ex for taking care of the animals, but he is messy and his passive-aggressive nature comes out by not doing something we asked him to do like giving out pussy cats wet food. My hubby checked and noticed that no cans were in the recycle bin and the same one was still in the fridge. We had it all written down. If my ex can do the minimal, he will. He left our bedroom door open so, of course, our lovely Harley used that for his bed and the hair on the comforter made the colour look grey instead of a deep blue. I am still thankful that the animals were all good and that he took Harley for his walks. We took 3 hours to clean up with some cleaning is just due to out fur babes:)). We were so happy to see them and vice versa. My baby, Lexi, kept meowing and I had to reinforce I would not leave. Harley is beside me now, happily sleeping and Kaspar was very happy to see his daddy.
OK back to the music, I decided to use what I eat every day…I have a half slice of German Kaiserbrot rye, 2 slices of smoked turkey on the bread with 1 slice of harvarti cheese, carrots, Motts fruit cup and 2 gingerbread cookies. I love my lunch!!
1. COMIN’ THRO’ THE RYE SUNG BY JOHN MCDERMOTT-2019
This is an old traditional Scottish song created with the lyrics from Robert Burns. I decided to go with my fellow Canadian, John McDermott, who never fails to sing songs so beautifully.
2. SWEET SURRENDER SUNG BY BREAD-1972
I do love the songs from the band, “Bread” and it fits for this theme. I could have used only Bread songs but, I didn’t want to:)
3. COLD TURKEY SUNG BY JOHN LENNON-1969
Ok, this has nothing to do with turkey meat but when John Lennon and Yoko Ono went cold turkey when they came off their array of drugs especially heroin. They locked themselves into a room and went through hell to quit this horrible drug.
What is your favourite sandwich? Any sandwich songs you love?
You need a new pet sitter.
ReplyDelete