Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Guess What Happened To Me!

 


This is not. Good picture but….I just wanted to surprise ya! We are on vacation at my hubby’s Aunt’s place and I went for a walk not thinking much about the champagne flutes that Aunt Simone brought out. She will often have a toast to something and she has everything you can think of for entertaining and cooking. I came back and sat back down when my Michael asked to have a picture taken of Aunt Simone, me and him. When I mentioned that I can take a picture of him and his Aunt, he told me, impatiently, to just get his Uncle Roger to take the picture and then go sit down. So, I showed Uncle Roger where to click for the photo and sat down. Suddenly, Michael went down on one knee, opened the box and asked that question, “Will you marry me?” I just sat there, mouth agape not believing what I was hearing looking at the 3 rings that make one nice one and wondering how he got one over on me, not easy, let me say. Finally, I heard someone say, “Well, are you going to say yes?” That brought me out of my stupor and I, naturally, said yes! I am now, officially, engaged and am very happy.  So, I chose 3 songs that my hubby and I have loved from the get go with 2 that we have danced to, in the past, in our livingroom. Please forgive me that I don’t have the dates or who wrote the songs.

1. UNCHAINED MELODY BY THE RIGHTEOUS BROS..

Love this song…one of my favs and I loved dancing to this with my hubby… Love this sung by this team from the 50s I believe.

2. AT LAST SUNG BY ETTA JAMES

When we heard this together, many years ago, hubby said “This is our song”. I know it’s popular but I love it. I think this is from the early 60s

3. TIME TO SAY GOOD-BYE SUNG BY SARAH BRIGHTMAN AND ANDREA BOCELLI

I love this song when it first came out and, when I met my hubby, I was pleasantly surprised to find out he loved this song as well. This is what brought Andrea Bocelli to the forefront.

We are still on vacation but leave for home Thursday. It’s been wonderful


15 comments:

  1. Hi Birgit - that's great news ... oh what a lovely surprise - I'm so happy for you both - congratulations and here's to many happy years - love the songs too - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Those rings are beautiful. I'm a sucker for stacked pieces like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! As the song says, At Last! (Not so sure about Time To Say Goodbye - don’t take that too literally 😉).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous news Birgit!! I wish you both all the best! Those are wonderful songs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Birgit! Wishing you and Michael a long and happy life together. 🌹🥂💞 Lovely rings and songs to match.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. I always assumed you were married and was a little confused at first. Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I repeat what Denise said. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! So, you weren't actually married to your husband? I didn't realize that... excellent song selections!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How absolutely WONDERFUL, Birgit. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations? I'm another who figured you were already married.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, and lovely rings. I'm also a little confused, but, as they say, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Birgit!! That's such wonderful news, and a very sweet engagement story to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birgit,

    WOW, congratulations! How amazingly sweet and wonderful is this?! I'm so happy for you. I thought all this time y'all were married but it seems I'm not alone. lol This is fabulous news and I can't wait to learn more1

    ReplyDelete