Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Which One Won the Oscar 2005

 


Over at Monday Music Moves Me their theme are songs where you misheard the lyrics. There are tons that I have misheard and, now, can’t remember. I forgot to do this last week so I’m having this event now. Let’s see if you can guess which song won the Oscar, which was nominated and which got diddly.

1. TRAVELLIN’ THRU’ SUNF BY DOLLY PARTON


This song comes from the film, “TransAmerica” and it truly belong to the film. 

2. IT’S HARD OUT HERE FOR A PIMP SUNG. BY THREE 6 MILE


I hate rap….this one’s no different but it caused a stir this Oscar year from the film, “Hustle and Flow”.  

3.  A LOVE THAT WILL NEVER GROW OLD SUNG BY EMMYLOU HARRIS


I love this song and this movie which is such a touching love story starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger as 2 cowboys who fall in love in an unforgiving time and place. 

I wrote short and sweet…I am very sick with ears, nose, throat and lung infection. I’ve been home for 2 days and not sure how I will be tomorrow. I haven’t been sick like this since before Covid. Thankfully, it is not Covid but it still sucks. I’m on antibiotics now.  Hope all of you are safe and well.

So…which one do you think won, which was nominated and which one got nadda. I think that Pimp one qualify with the Music theme because I never understand the lyrics.

13 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are so poorly I hope the antibiotics work quickly and you are able to enjoy Easter and all the lovely goodies….take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. I know It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp won. I really disliked Hustle & Flow overall, so I wasn't crazy about this win, but Three 6 Mafia were so excited when they won my bitterness melted away a bit lol. They looked genuinely shocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were shocked but hated this win. One of the worst on my opinion

      Delete
  3. I can't say which song got the Oscar but I enjoyed your comments about all three.
    I hope you feel better soon - sounds like this bug is really nasty. Seems these last few months the winter flu has really knocked folks around in a bad way. I'm touching wood that so far I've been lucky and only had a minor amount of "under the weather" moments.
    Speedy healing vibes are being sent to you, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been sick like this on years. It really hallowed me. Glad you like my write ups even when they are short

      Delete
  4. Sorry you're sick, Birgit! I hope you feel better very soon. I'm not familiar with any of these songs, so won't try to guess. Brokeback Mountain I've heard of, but didn't see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like Brokeback which is a stellar love story

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry you're sick. That sucks. I hope you feel better soon.

    I do remember Three 6 Mafia winning. The name stuck. I don't remember much about the other songs that year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you're under the weather. This is the time of year when many get sick with symptoms you are dealing with. I remember when our kids were small every year around this time, we do their annual school testing, and we'd all catch something. Rollercoaster weather, spring pollens, being around others (no doubt sick), ... I'm glad those days are behind me. Feel well soon, my friend! Thanks for sharing your music picks this week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better - there's been so much sickness this winter/spring, and so many nasty viruses. I sort-of remember who won (amazing, since I almost never do) and this person who sees so few movies actually saw (and liked) Brokeback Mountain. Again, feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete