Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Rendezvous

 


Lexi, aka the little tyrant, wants to be friends with Kaspar and, here, our Harley and it works …at first until the the brat attacks their tails or smacks them with her paw…she’s crazy but she just makes my day…just like my Harley. Over at Curious As A Cathy, she has the Monday Music Moves Me, with this week’s theme being about Rendezvous and I decided on 3 songs that have Rendezvous in the title. Here they are…

1. RENDEZ-VOUS A PARIS SUNG BY MAURICE CHEVALIER-1954


I knew Maurice Chevalier had to have sung a song about meeting up with some gal. This song was written by Chevalier and Fred Freed. It’s just…so Chevalier.

2. GARDEN RENDEZVOUS FROM THE KING AND I-1956


This is a song written by Rogers and Hammerstein when the illicit lovers Tuptim and this Lun Tha fall in love and meet in the garden to sing “We Kiss In a Shadow”. Tuptim is betrothed to The King of Siam to be his 24th or whatever wife, she doesn’t want to be with him at all but this is not a choice. It’s a sad subplot to the famous musical and one  that sticks with you.

3. AT THE CAFE RENDEZVOUS SUNG BY DORIS DAY-1951


I knew Doris Day before she was a virgin. I’m not sure who coined this joke but this song seems to fit considering how well she sings this. It was written by Sammy Cahn and it works well for good ole Doris.

What Rendezvous songs can you think of?

5 comments:

  1. I remember the Chevalier song, but not the others. Funny line about Doris Day! ☺ That must have been a reference to those comedies she made with Rock Hudson et al. Here's one for you: 'Rendezvous' by Charlie Rich. Video

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of trouble with this particular theme. You picked some good ones. I didn't know any of them. I think the Doris Day comment came from Oscar Levant but I am not sure anyone knows for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute photo of Lexi and Harley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats are characters!
    I think I know a couple songs with rendezvous in the title. I think The Babys did one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember watching the TV musical The King & I but I surely didn't know the whole plot of it at the time. I wouldn't want to be just another of many wives to a king either. Doris Day's voice is so lovely! The first song sounded the most familiar so I'm sure I've heard it before. You did a fabulous job with your song selections, Birgit. Thanks for joining the 4M party. Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete