Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Day, Night, Heels, Head…Whaaaat???

 


Hubby’s Aunt and Uncle’s yard looking towards the Richeleau river with my hubby’s pride and joy, his kayak. They really do live in a beautiful spot. So, over at Monday Music Moves Me over at Curious As A Cathy, it’s all about opposites in song whether it’s in the title or you just pick one song and the other is opposite of the first or something like that. These 3 songs I chose, popped into my head and here they are…

1. NIGHT AND DAY SUNG BY FRED ASTAIRE-1934

This song, by Cole Porter, has been done by so many artists that it would be interesting to know how many are actually out there. Fred Astaire was the first to introduce this song on Broadway in “The Gay Divorce”  and he was the first to introduce the song in the film, “The Gay Divorcee”. FYI, the good ole Hays Office- the jerk of censorship, wanted the name changed because no divorce should be happy. 

2. A HARD DAY’S NIGHT SUNG BY THE BEATLES-1964

Of course this is a song that seems to fit this challenge written, mainly by Lennon, with help from McCartney. I love the movie of the same name that is considered one of the best films made and is normally listed in the top 100 films ever made. 

3. HEAD OVER HEELS SUNG BY ABBA-1982

Oh now, of course this works as it’s opposite one another plus …it’s ABBA! I always liked this song and found the video quite funny. 

Which ones can you think of? Am I bad that I wanted to choose Heaven and Hell…lol

7 comments:

  1. Well, Heaven and Hell is the obvious choice, LOL. I actually did a post about that, once. Believe it or not, I didn't know the ABBA song, but the video was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the first video, what a beautiful dance sequence. I didn't know the ABBA song, either but it's great (as usual). I saw A Hard Days Night when it first came out. I also had the album and loved every song on it. That opening chord to A Hard Day's night is so iconic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices. I'm partial to the Beatles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know me: "Night And Day" is pretty close to perfection, no matter who sings it. "A Hard Day's Night" is the theme from my all-time favorite movie. The one thing about that video is that I would have liked to have seen a closeup on George when he's playing the solo. And ABBA? Not an enormous fan, but I did likke this video...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll name Head Over Heels as my choice among the three, mostly because I enjoy ABBA and the music video is very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Birgit - no decisions, I'm afraid - but what a wonderful place to live - no wonder your hubby craves his aunt and uncle's place and memories of his kayak trips - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your aunt lives in a pretty place. What a great spot to wake up to each day! Great music you shared. I don't remember the ABBA tune, so I appreciated the introduction. Have a boogietastic weekend, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete