Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Where’s My Snow!

 


It’s been raining, warm and very foggy for Christmas which sucks! Today and tomorrow a high of 8C and rain, rain, rain. Blechhh….i miss my snow. Yes, you can kill me now because most people do not care for snow. Anyhoo, I am joining the Monday Music group over at Curious For A Cathy which is all about Christmas music and I’m joining in but based on snowy themes. So these are not songs that truly move me for Christmas but they state how much I want snow😁⛄️

1. WINTER WONDERLAND SUNG BY DEAN MARTIN-1959


This was written back in 1934 by Felix Bernard with lyrics by Richard Smith and has become a Christmas staple sung by many, many, many people over the decades but Dino’s is my favourite for some reason. 

2. SNOW, SNOW, SNOW SUNG BY BING CROSBY, DANNY KAYE, ROSEMARY CLOONEY AND TRIDY STEVENS (SORRY VERA-ELLEN)-1954


This was written by the great Irving Berlin who wrote the songs for this Christmas classic film that stars Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney(George Clooney’s aunt), Danny Kaye and Vera-Ellen who could dance like no one can but could not sing at all so all her songs were dubbed by Trudy Stevens.

3. LET IT SNOW SUNG BY VAUGHN MONROE-1954


This is a song often associated with Frank Sinatra but he’s not my favourite singer so I chose the original plus it was in Die Hard 2 which is not a Christmas movie but more a Christmas movie than The Sound of Music ( takes place in the summer and has Nazis). Anyway, I think this is a great song that was written by Sammy Cahn with music by Jules Styne during a heat wave! They were dreaming about snow…just like me.

I had a lovely Christmas spent with friends on Friday evening followed by Christmas Eve celebrating with my brother since we were born. The only time were were separated was when he was married to a shrew which lasted 2 years and Covid. What’s nice is the shrew time has actually been forgotten until I wrote this. Love always lasts!

How was your Christmas? I hope it was lovely whether it was quiet or filled with family, as long as you were happy. By the way, I received some calendars, which I love, craft supplies, a couple of books and movies plus a beautiful dragon carved in wood from Indonesia and a CD all from Dave Brubeck. I am happy that everyone loved what they received and that’s what counts.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Birgit - we're in warmer climes too ... ie wet and not very cold ... I'm sure your snow will appear! I'm glad when it doesn't snow - and I 'll be glad when the rains ease up, let alone the wind ... cheers and all the best as the New Year rocks around - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not miss the snow, but I am sick of clouds, fog, and rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wet here, totally sick of it! However, further north cars are stranded in the snow so I’m not rally complaining. Glad you had a good Christmas (so did we) and all the best for New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. George Clooney's aunt, Jose Ferrer's wife, Miguel and Gabriel Ferrer's mother, Nick Clooney's sister....

    Did you get "Time Out" by the Dave Brubeck Quartet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No snow here, either - just fog and drizzle. Or rain. But in other parts of our country they are having blizzards or ice storm. So I'm not unhappy about it. My Christmas was quiet. The family stuff was on Christmas Eve. Enjoy your gifts, and Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birgit,

    Christmas is the only time I forgive Mother Nature if she decides to bring snow. lol We don't get it here in East Tennessee usually. Growing up in southern WV and our visits home for the holidays, I believe we got snow just about every Christmas. It was always a treat for our kids, since we don't get much of the white fluffy precipitation. That being said, I'm sure it's just a matter of time for we get hit good and hard. I'm sure your snow is on its way. It won't be the same but still you can count on its arrival before winter is over. Our Christmas was very nice...no, it was great! Here's to warm wishes for good health, happiness, and love to be yours in the new year, dear friend. Have a boogietastic week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas, despite the crappy weather Birgit. Although not a fan of winter in general, I have to agree with you here. Rain really sucks for us dog people. Zoey is so sad she can't have her usual daily runs and she doesn't like her raincoat. ☺ Best wishes for a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete