Monday, January 15, 2024

Had fun today

 


Color Throwdown- CTD775-Hot Pink, bright Purple, Emerald Green

Sparkles Monthly Challenge- New Beginnings

Inspire Me Monday- Anything Goes

I started making more cards since Christmas and this was fun…how could it not be! I already had cut out this peacock in the emerald green,paired it with this purply paper and added the pink for the background. I glued them all down and added some pink glitter to the body of the peacock. I got these wooden flowers for Christmas h plus many more wooden pieces) and coloured them in the hot pink. I added the sentiment that I cut out using my sizzex and, finally, added a little bling. I included this in Inspire Me Monday which can include anything creative from cards to cooking, you name it.



12 Months of Christmas- Die Cuts/ Embossing

CCAYR- Snowflakes

The 4 Seasons- chose Bird in the snow from the picture 

I am enjoying this new technique, well, new to me, where I took an embossing folder, enclosed white cardstock and pushed this through my cuddlebug. Using my stencil brushes, I took my distress inks in green, brown and red and coloured the image that is inset. Afterwards, I took black ink and placed the ink pad down on the card stock and lightly spread it onto the card until it was completely inked up in black. I glued it to this red glitter cardstock, added the sticker corners I coloured in green and Voila!

6 comments:

  1. You are a genuine artist, Birgit. These are gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely cards and I especially liked how you used the embossing folder on the second card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Like the simplicity of the cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards Birgit great to try a new technique and find it so satisfying…I can see you have really enjoyed your crafting take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard about this interesting technique. You executed it beautifully. Thanks for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete