Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Oscar Songs 2010

 

This month I decided to choose 2010 because it's more recent. The new Oscar Noms came out yesterday and, big surprise, John Williams is up for another Oscar. He will win because he is retiring at over 90 so this will be his last. It's freebie over at Monday Music Moves Me over at Curious as A Cathy. Let's see if you can guess which song won the Oscar, which was nominated and which came up nadda.

1. COMING HOME SUNG BY GWYNETH PALTROW


This song, sung by Gwennie Paltry ...sorry, can't help myself, was from the film, " Country Strong". It was written by Bob Di Piero, Tom Douglas, Lindsey and Troy Verges.

2. BOUND TO YOU SUNG BY CHRISTINA AGUILERA 


You have to admit, She has a great set of pipes and sings this torch song really well even if it's from the movie "Burlesque". This was written by Aguilera, Sia, and Samuel Dixon.

3. WE BELONG TOGETHER SUNG BY RANDY NEWMAN


I can't stand Randy Newman. He creates some good songs but, to me, he seems like one arrogant ass whom I just want to bitch slap. Anyways, he is the go to songwriter for the Toy Story franchise and this song is from Toy Story 3.

So  which song won, which was nominated and which came up zilch? 

14 comments:

  1. We Belong Together won - this was such an annoying year for me. If I Rise from 127 Hours should've won. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hear ya and the songbyou love is much better than that Paltry song

      Delete
  2. John Williams has had quite a career. I admire anyone that continues with their craft and does it well deep into retirement years.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother hates Randy Newman too. "Short People" pissed her off, and she'll never forgive him. Though, I can't remember rightly, but I'd guess the "Toy Story" song won. I'd guess #2 was nominated. (Now I'll go look it up and see how wrong I am.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom, who was short, agreed with that song...hahaaa. I think that guy is an arrogant snob. Toy Story won. Tgat Paltry song was nominated and Christina got nuttin

      Delete
  4. "Gwenny Paltry" - love it! ☺ Burlesque was a movie I thoroughly enjoyed and Christina is a favourite singer, even if she does go overboard with the vocals, sometimes. She's perfect here, even though this song was not nominated. The guy you can't stand won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I really like Aguilera and think she has a lot more control than some if her contemporaries

      Delete
  5. EWWWWWWW! I hope the GOOP Girl didn't sing that at the Oscars! I'd have to say that is the song that received the nomination since I know you don't care for her either so it getting the nod would force her inclusion!

    I also cannot abide Randy Newman but I'm guessing his song won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so in agreement about these 2 people. If she sang at the Oscars, I blotted it from. My mind. You are correct, that Toy Story song won and Paltry's song was nominated while Aguilera got nothing.

      Delete
  6. I never pay attention to the Oscars so here goes another wild guess. Winner: Randy Newman. Song that should have won but I'm guessing was only nominated: Christina Aguilera. I'll be happy if John Williams wins because he is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy did win but Aguilera didn't get anything while that insipid Paltrow song wad nominated

      Delete
  7. I can just about listen to Christina Aguilera all night...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has such a great voice and should have won but wasn't even nominated

      Delete