Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Dimples Day

 


This week its all about Dimples, Cows and sugar cookies appreciation day. I went with dimples and 3 people came to my mind who have those dimples when they smile..or want to sell you a used car. Head over to Monday Music Moves Me  to listen to all the others. Here are my 3...

1. SINGING IN THE RAIN & BROADWAY RHYTHM SUNG BY GENE KELLY-1952

Gene is an excellent dancer par none but fir a few his equal like Fred Astaire and The Nicholas Brothers. He could sing in his thin voice which also really worked well especially when he had a huge grin. I hope this musical venture, from Si singing in the Rain" shows his dimples to the best effect.

2. SHE LOVE ME SUNG BY JACK CASSIDY-1975


 Jack Cassidy was the dimpled star of  Broadway, married to Shirley Jones and they reigned as the sweethearts of Broadway. He charmed quite a few chorines while married to Jones and was jealous of his very famous son, David Cassidy, belittling his son and his son’s success harming him deeply since all his son wanted was his dad’s acceptance. He was a really good singer who could play a cad really well in many films and tv shows almost blotting out how good he was in musical theatre. Sadly, he was an alcoholic and died in a fire due to a cigarette. A sad end to this dimply star.

3. FROM NOW ON SUNG BY HUGH JACKMAN -2017


I love Hugh Jackman who would have been in many musicals if it was the 1930s, 40s or 50s but,  at least, we have him in a couple of film musicals, the Tony’s, The Oscars and Broadway. He can play anything and he is good at what he does. I chose this song from the excellent film, “The Greatest Showman” because he shows his dimples which, makes me melt. Love this guy. 

Any Dimple Songs, Cow Songs or Sugar cookie songs you know?


Yes, I LOVE The Far Side from the Brilliant mind of Gary Larson.

8 comments:

  1. Love far side Birgit they always make me laugh…me and my Dad were called the dimple twins …my two brothers didn’t have them! Take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said dimples and I immediately thought of my girl Shirley Temple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack Cassidy was the best "Columbo" bad guy. He was on as the villain about five times and was always truly evil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley Temple is a fond childhood memory for me. When I was young they used to show some of her movies on local New York City TV stations and my Mom would watch them, with me sitting by her side. She was the Queen of Dimples, if there is such a thing. I am not sure I ever heard Jack Cassidy sing (until now) but my favorite of the three was Hugh Jackman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugh Jackman is definitely special.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big Gene Kelly fan! Those are the only musicals I really like. ☺ Jack Cassidy was a handsome devil. Too bad his personality was so ugly. Hugh Jackman can sing, dance and play a mutant wolf/human with ease. Multi-talented! Matthew McConaughey has cute dimples too, but I don't think he can sing. Or, can he? LINK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack Cassidy has fabulous dimples. Although, I used Shirley Temple for her dimples my brain went blank but you came up with some good singers with dimples. Way to go! You linked up a different post this week from 2023, but I'm pretty sure you meant to use this one. Let me know if you want me to delete or modify the link for you or you can add it if you prefer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh craps! How did that happen, yes, please alter it.

      Delete