Monday, August 5, 2024

Cards Galore

 


Color Throwdown- use colors Red, Purple and Yellow

Crafty Animals- Anything Goes 

I'm under the wire for the Color Throwdown.  I had a scrap piece of paper with a butterfly already cut out for a previous card. I liked the sprays I used which work perfectly with this week’s challenge. I took my distress inks and sponged on some more Color and glued it to gold paper. I cut out the butterfly with my sizzex machine as well as the underling panel that I coloured in the same colors and glued it in place. I added the ribbon, stamped the saying which I embossed in psychedelic glitter, and added the crystals. Before I go on. I am going to add this to their Color throwdown.


Christmas Card Throwdown- Sketch 


Dream Valley- Christmas in July 

Little Red Wagon- Christmas in July 

Simon Says- Anything Goes 

I haven’t made a Christmas card in a while and had fun. I stamped Santa and had fun colouring him in using my tombow markers but with water. I cut it out with my die cut in my Sizzex machine and cut the red glitter card in those triangle look. I placed it in an embossing folder and rolled it through my cuddlebug machine. I took my green dye ink and lightly rubbed it on to bring out the design. I glued it  all together but used pop up dots on Santa. 


The Flower Challenge- Inspired by colour 

Alphabet Challenge- Colour Inspired 


Addicted to Stamps and More- Any Occasion 

Ok, I think the first 2 challenges talk to each other…lol. The colours are quite similar and I used a dusty rose, light green, olive type green, light and dark pink and even a peach. I bought a 3D embossing folder and rolled it through my Sizzex. I coloured it with gelatos with my watercolour brush. I adhered it to the dusty rose  card and then the white card. I glued on the pearl string to complete this. This is for a friend of mine who just lost her mom to dementia, probably pneumonia, but no matter what…it’s tough and now their dad is in his own and he is one lost puppy. Hope you had a good weekend. We had a long weekend due to Civic Holiday..very happy until I am back to work tomorrow. 

12 comments:

  1. These soft colors look beautiful together.
    But Xmas in July? I saw Xmas stuff at Costco and almost threw up in my mouth. Ha.
    Be well, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first card. Sorry you have to go back to work. I'm feeling ya. My summer vay-cay is just about over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three lovely cards Birgit you have been having fun love the Santa image he is so vintage….xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first Christmas and flower cards are my favorites. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Birgit! ♥ I especially liked the red and green with Santa in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your muted colours flower card - very appropriate for your friend’s sad loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Birgit, I agree with you - those colors are very complimentary! I am so loving this gorgeous, embossed image and would love to know who makes it? Such a beautiful addition to our gallery at The Flower Challenge! Thanks so much for playing with out colors!
    =] Michele DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the flowers and soft colors. Very stunning. Thanks for sharing over at Alphabet challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. elle est splendide cette carte avec son père noël Birgit, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card for your friend who is going through a particularly hard time. She will treasure this. Thanks for linking your card up for our "Any Occasion" challenge on the Addicted to Stamps & More blog. Cathy - ATS&M DT.

    ReplyDelete