Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Riding on Fun in the Sun

 


It’s still hotter than Hades which I don’t like unless I’m by a pool sipping some nice drink. I decided to continue with tropical heat and take a fun approach where I danced to these songs more than once. I’m joining over at Monday Music Moves Me but on Wednesday.

1. LAMBADA BY KAOMA-1989


So, this is one I didn’t really dance to because I could not dance the sexy Samba or Lambada but I watched how some got down and dirty and loved it!

2. WALKING ON SUNSHINE BY KATRINA AND THE WAVES-1983


I love this song and dance to it whenever I hear it, even when I’m in the car. Yup, I’m one of those nuts you see moving and grooving to the music. This came out the year I was starting university and  the start of many a weekend partying it up and loving it. 

3. FEELING HOT, HOT, HOT BY THE MERRYMEN- 1988


I like this song which came out a year after I graduated from  University but still took a couple of classes so I could  continue to have fun at our local bar called Alphie’s Trough. I danced quite a few times to this  fun diddy but I have a great friend who despises this song. He works at a big travel agency (CAA) and this song was played at every conference and weekend festival they had to promote the latest all inclusive resorts and cruises they were showcasing. To this day, he still can’t listen to it..of course I love to have fun with him. 

What fun hot songs do you think of and love to dance to?

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Birgit!

    Yessum, it has also been muy caliente in my neck of the woods, and so is song #1 - gustó mucho. While "Lambada" by the French-Brazilian band Kaoma topped the chart in several countries around the world in 1989, it only climbed halfway up the Hot 100, explaining why I don't remember it.

    The video for the earworm hit "Walking On Sunshine" was played heavily at the MTV station where I worked in the 1980s and is still being regularly covered today by artists around the world including members of Romanian musician/producer Andrei Cerbu's musical entertainment company.

    One of the worst earworms of all is song #3 which threatens to get stuck in your noggin for days on end once you dare listen to it. The version I best remember is the 1987 hit by David Johansen, recording and performing the song as lounge singer Buster Poindexter. Buster's video was big on MTV and my station also aired it in heavy rotation.

    For my "hot" pick, I'm going to dredge up a long lost dance ditty from 1975. It was hot hot hot on Soul Train and I was also watching the day the band performed the song on American Bandstand. The band was called The Eleventh Hour and here is their claim to (almost) fame -- "Hollywood Hot!"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I4LIzMudY4

    I hope you, my buddy Harley and your new kitten Lexie are all doing well. I will be returning with a new post this coming Sunday, Aug. 11, and hope to see you at Shady's Place during my three-day period of active blog duty. Meanwhile, I'll be double-dipping here at BBC, waiting for you tomorrow, sitting the in the balcony-- At The Movies! See you tamale, dear friend BB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our heat finally broke yesterday (I hope) but instead we will have a rainy stretch, which we don't need - anyway, I remember the controversy here in the United States over the Lambada. I've seen that video a number of times and everyone is so enjoying themselves. Walking on Sunshine has been a favorite of mine ever since it came out and Feeling Hot Hot Hot could have been a theme song for our past July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Walking on Sunshine is stuck in my head. All I have to do is read the title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were really warm but Debby has cooled us down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was cooler yesterday and today isn't too bad, so far. I remember all of these fun tunes. Thanks for the memories! ☺

    ReplyDelete