Wednesday, October 11, 2023

In Disguise Music

 


What does this picture have to do with disguise? Absolutely nothing! I just like it and wanted to use it because my dear friend VJ took this photo when we were at Lake Erie one year and he is coming to see me this weekend. Over at Curious As A Cathy, she has up the Monday Music Moves Me and it’s all about disguise. So let’s get on with the show…

1. ANGEL IN DISGUISE SUNG BY MARION MANN-1940


She has a beautiful voice and does this song Justice which comes from a film called, “It All Came True” originally sung by Ann Sheridan. This was composed by Paul Mann and Stefan Weiss with lyrics by Kim  Gannon.

2. THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE SUNG BY CHRIS ISAAK AND LEANN RIMES-2009


This song, written by Bill Grant, Bernie Baum and Florence Kaye back in 1967, was originally for and made famous by Elvis. It was quite popular for the last theme and understandably so. Elvis does the song Justice but I wanted to go with someone different and found this version with Chris and LeAnn. Hope you enjoy..

3. JUDY IN DISGUISE SUNG BY JOHN FRED AND HIS PLAYBOY BAND-1967



This is a fun song despite the sounds of some sex in the backseat of his studebaker sounds the lead singer makes. It was written by John Fred and his fellow band mate, Andrew Bernard. 

What songs come into your mind? 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I love this version of Devil in Disguise.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing! I was really at a naive point in my teenaged life when Judy in Disguise came out and I didn't know what those noises were at the time. But my favorite of the three was Devil in Disguise. Loved that cover. Chris Isaak had the exact right voice for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Judy in Disquise"! I'd completely forgotten about that song. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birgit,

    I don't know what is is about "Judy in Disguise" but it always makes me feel so good when I hear it. I know I loved it when I was a kid. While on vacation, we toured the studio where Elvis recorded "The Devil in Disguise" in Nashville. We even got the chance to set down at the piano played by Elvis and many other recording artists used. :)

    ReplyDelete