Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Music Masquerade

 


It’s Masquerade, disguises or Truth week over at Monday Music Moves Me which is with the beautiful Cathy at Curious As A Cathy. U am going with masquerade and hope you enjoy the musical choices.

1. ALL  HALLOW’S EVE BALL BY ALAN SILVESTRI-2004


This piece is from the film, “Van Helsing” which is not a great film by any means but I always enjoy watching it. This piece takes place in a wondrous ballroom filled with Vampires who are dancing and in a circus way with twirling and people flying through the air like we see in the circus. The costumes are exquisite and I love this scene. You can go to YouTube and see this scene as I wanted to just concentrate on the musical piece.

2. MASQUERADE SUITE BY THE ST. PETERSBURG ORCHESTRA-2018

I love this piece which was written by Adam Khachaturian in 1941. Yup, it's a new one since I thought it was written in the 1800s. I can easily see people waltzing to this dressed up with a bit of the sinister involved.

3. MASQUERADE BY THE FILM CAST-2004

We all know Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber which broke many records on the London stage and Broadway. This is a musical film version of this musical hit with Emma Rosson in the lead as the love of the Phantom played by...Gerard Butler! He doesn't have the strongest voice but I do need to see this again.

Can you think of Masquerade songs or disguise songs?


4 comments:

  1. Aww these are great picks! I love Silvestri's music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were on a similar wavelength to at least one other Music Moves Me but your posts complemented the other offering. I enjoyed each of the music pieces you offered. I never have gotten into musical theater or movies for some reason (considering that a first cousin living in New York City is into Broadway heavily - the genes must have skipped me) but, more and more in my older years, I enjoy seeing these videos and hearing this music. My favorite was the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard any of these songs, so they were all new to me. Thanks for expanding my listening knowledge, Birgit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad all of you loved these songs..or like:). I'm glad I picked new ones that no one heard before

    ReplyDelete