Monday, November 27, 2023

Colour Me Christmas

 


Fab N’ Funky- Blue Hues

The 12 Months of Christmas- Cozy Christmas 

Simon Says- Make It Sparkle

Tic, Tac, Toe Challenge- tttc#236

I chose Colouring, Free(stamp) and Gems

I really enjoyed making this card with my favourite colour, blue. I stamped the Church scene in black and used my Gamsol pencils to colour. I cut it out, set it aside and took the light paper, placed double-sided tape on it, peeled off the other layer so I could put down the shiny blue foil on top. I glued everything together but not before adding sparkle on the stamped part in the trees, the windows of the church and the frame. I was inspired by Currier & Ives which, their paintings always made me feel cozy.


Color Throwdown- ctd#770- yellow-green, Dark Green, Black

Inkspirational- Seasonal..Christmas

Dream Valley- Anything Goes

I watched this YouTube video and was inspired to try this with my Holly embossing folder which I used and used the debossed side, that’s where the leaves are inset instead of sticking out. I took my 2 distress ink pads in the greens and coloured it up. I took my black in pad and lightly brushed it on top of the embossed image so the raised area became black and all that’s left are the leaves. I stamped the Merry Christmas onto  the greeny/yellowy card and heat embossed it in dark green and green sparkle. I put it ll together and I think it turned out pretty good.

Hope everyone will have a great week ahead.


11 comments:

  1. A beautiful design in lovely frosty blues, love how you've framed the peaceful winter scene. Thank you so much for joining us at Fab'n' Funky.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Birgit…you have been having fun creating…love the icy blue colours xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Birgit. These are fabulous. I am truly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that background technique with the holly folder! Beautiful take on the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Birgit!

    As you can see, dear friend, Shady Dee-Light is less likely to be your Early Bird nowadays, and more likely to arrive late, now that I am up to my ears in alligators on a daily basis with my busy new home life.

    I adore your cards, dearie! For decades, green was my "signature color," and Mrs. Shady and I favored shades of green in wall color and decor. In recent years, I have adopted blue as my favorite color, and she and I are using blue throughout our new house. Your blue Christmas card, featuring a church with a dusting of snow, is beautiful. The shades of blue convey the chill in the air, but the scene warms the heart.

    Although I currently favor blue, I still love the color green, and the shade you picked for card #2 is exciting and different for a Yule card. I like it!

    I'll still be on "active duty" through tomorrow and will possibly connect with you again before I disappear for a month. Have a wonderful week, dear friend BB, and please give a good smoochin' to my buddy Harley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Particularly like the blue one! It seems to be winning the popular vote too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards. You did get that comfort feels for the first card, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful church card and I love how bright the green card is!! Thanks so much for playing along at CTD with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun technique with the embossing folder right?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birgit,

    The church stamped Christmas card is my favorite. I've always been fond of holiday greetings depicting a wintry landscape with country church. This year, I finally got around to uploading one of drawings to have professionally printed Christmas cards done. Not having a clue how this will turn out, I ordered 20. If I like it then next year, I'll do more. I can't wait to receive my first batch! Have a joyful Christmas season, dear Birgit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous scene and it looks truly wintery in these colors. A well put together design. Thanks for playing with us at Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete