Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thursday Movie Picks:TV Edition- Non- English

 


Ok...I have zilch, nuttin' Nada so I just went to look at what is around  and went all German because you know how funny the Krauts can be...er....well, they think they have humor. Oh hell, never mind but let's see what the Germans liked or still like...

1. ROCKPALAST-1976 TO PRESENT

This has been around a long time and they seemed to have had quite a few cool musicians over the decades centering on Rock, heavy metal and jazzy sorts. Da-Da-Da....

2. DREI DAMEN VOM GRILL-1978-1992

Three ladies own a diner set in Berlin when Berlin was East and West at the height of the cold War. The premise sounds good and it was on the air for a long time but I wonder if we would enjoy it. I'd give it a try.

3. MORD MIT AUSSICHT-2008-2014

Murder with a View sounds like an interesting premise that we have seen before, but I like these types of shows. Basically, this up and coming police detective must have done something bad because she is sent to this tiny town in the Eifel Mountains where the crime could be who stole the cow bells. I bet, just like Jessica Fletcher's home town, it becomes murder central. Apparently, they did revive the series and it’s back on, but...whatever, I'd like to give it a go.

So, you can tell, I have nothing but shows that sound neat. Are there any TV shows you would like to see that play in a different country?

7 comments:

  1. Italy - Thou Shalt not Kill
    Belgium - Professor T
    France - Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midnight at the Pera Palace. From Turkey. I saw it on Netflix. Dubbed. Loved it. I highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have anything for this theme either. I need to do better lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 3 sounds fun. Hope you are well.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm blanking on this one too. I should at least come up with a Spanish show since my wife used to watch some, but I can't recall what they were. I don't watch that many TV shows so I don't need to add another.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've enjoyed "Call My Agent!" ("Dix pour cent" en Français).

    ReplyDelete