Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Friendship

 


I think I chose this pic before but it's goofy and I like it and I love my friend, Loretta who is a soul mate. Curious as A Cathy over at Monday Music Moves Me, has the theme of Friendship, food and family and I am not into food so I went friendship way. Family is fine but I went with friends. Here are my 3 picks

1. FRIENDSHIP SUNG BY LUCILLE BALL & VIVIAN VANCE- 1953

This is from the famous TV show, "I Love Lucy" when Lucy and Ethel are to appear on TV for a benefit but end up wearing the same dress! It does not go over well but this clip is when they rehearse. It was written by Cole Porter for the show, "Dubarry was a Lady" in 1939 later made into a movie with Gene Kelly, Red Skelton and Lucille Ball where they sing this song.

2. PUT IT THERE PAL SUNG BY BING CROSBY & BOB HOPE-1944

My friend and I love the same things including Hope and Crosby who made several road pictures together. This song is from Road to Utopia and was written by James Van Heuzen and Johnny Burke. 

3. REMEMBER ME, MY FRIEND  SUNG BY THE MOODY BLUES-1970

I love the Moody Blues and this song is from their album "A Question of Balance" 

I love, love the Moody Blues and I own this album and this is a great song written by Justin Hayward. 

What food, family or friend song can you think of? Any song that makes you think of your best friend,

9 comments:

  1. That is a great friendship photo of you and Loretta. And nice picks for friends. And I know them too-that is a surprise for me. :) Enjoy the rest of your week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Birgit - love the photo ... shows character ... rather too many to think about ... I did get hooked over the years on many ... but can't list them - fun to see your films though. The Moody Blues song is great - cheers to you both - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birgit,

    I love the photo of you and your friend! Y'all look look like best buds!! Your first two song picks made me smile and your last one is new to me. Friendship is a beautiful thing near or far, face to face, or virtual connections. Thanks for joining the 4M dance party. Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely picture of you and Loretta! You are obviously enjoying each other’s company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your friend - friendship is what keeps us going and that picture with your friend was so precious. I could feel the love through the screen. Enjoyed all three selections but especially the first. I live about 345 km from where Lucille Ball grew up in Jamestown, New York (and where she is buried-yes, I've been to her grave). We all loved Lucy. Happy to know you do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are you and Loretta? The answer is VERY. That one makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on friendship. A wonderful choice.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent choices, Birgit and, like you, I ADORE The Moody Blues! Thanks - that made my afternoon. ♥ First song that came to mind was James Taylor's You've Got a Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At one of our local hangouts, my friends and I are known as The Spice Girls (long story). So, obviously any of their songs work.

    ReplyDelete