Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Thankful Music

 


My Harley is so thankful for food, getting love and kisses…and food!  We took him to a pet store and he ended up grabbing 2 big sticks and ate them with the sticker and elastic still on it. Hopefully, he pooped the elastic out by now….the bugger! Anyways, over at Curious As A Cathy, Monday Music Moves Me is all about the Thanks. I wanted to choose some songs that may be a bit different, well, except for one.

1. THANK YOU FOR THE  MUSIC SUNG BY ABBA-1977

You know I will choose ABBA when I can and I chose this song because, I don’t know of one person who doesn’t love music. I bet even that tribe on that Indonesian island who will kill anyone who tries to land there, create their own music( besides, I think that, unbeknownst to the world, they have their own wi-fi and club med feel dressing in high end fashion only looking the part of “savages” when they feel someone is too close to their island). Anyway, this is a great song from a great group. 

2. THANKS FOR THE MEMORY SUNG BY JUDY GARLAND- 1940ish

I heard this sung by a young Judy Garland and thought it was nice to showcase especially since it showcases the great stars of yesteryear. I’m not sure when she actually sang this song but, it’s a good song on the Bob Hope classic even though I still prefer the original with Bob Hope.

3. YODEL SONG SUNG BY SOFIA SHKIDCHENKO-2017

A yodel song…you are welcome🤣 Ok, she was 11 when she appeared on the Ukrainian TV Reality show based on the  TV shows that originated in England, came across the pond to the U.S.  and spread all over. I believe I first heard her over at The Sound Of One Hand Typing ( a great music+ blog you should check out). This young girl had to leave her home and everything behind when the war hit the Ukraine and now sings to help other teens and children who have been displaced due to the Russian invasion. I think we should be thankful to her for giving so much and trying to help her country. Her voice is amazing, by the way.

Thank you for following my blog!

6 comments:

  1. Birgit,

    Thanks for joining the dance party! That Harley is something else, isn't he? I wouldn't think sticks would taste good but what do I know, I'm not a dog. :) You picked some great songs. The last one is so chipper. Thanks for sharing and putting a smile on my face and set my foot to tapping. Have a boogietastic week and enjoy all the holiday festivities, Birgit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofia is now at Berklee College of Music in Boston as a voice major and she's turned into a tremendous young woman, and still a hell of a singer. And I love the yodeling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Thanksgiving-like meal your dog had - burp! (cast iron stomach, too.) Oh, those songs. I knew the ABBA song but I had never heard Judy Garland sing Thanks for the Memories. The person who put that video together did a great job. And, Sofia the yodeler from Ukraine- I thank John for giving the update on her. What a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it just had to be ABBA! great song (as are most of theirs).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Birgit!

    Nice choices, I particularly like Judy's version of Hope's signature song.

    The three that came to mind are the Golden Girls theme song "Thank You for Being a Friend", John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" and it's been a while since I've heard it but Led Zeppelin has a song called simply "Thank You".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sly and the Family Stone: "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin"

    ReplyDelete