Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Which Song Won The Oscar-2007

 


I am going to the more recent Oscar times with 2007 and it’s a bit…odd. I am just going to leave it at that but I will join Monday Music Moves Me over at Curious As A Cathy. Now let’s see if you can guess which song won the Oscar, which one was nominated and which came up nadda. 

1. HAPPY FEET SUNG BY PRINCE

This song was written by Prince…yes, the Prince…no not an actual Prince but that tiny little Jehovah who loved the colour purple. It come from the movie called “Happy Feet”, an animated movie about a penguin who loves to dance. Who knew Prince could create such a fun song.

2. LOVE YOU, I DO SUNG BY JENNIFER HUDSON

This song comes from the musical, “Dreamgirls” that starred Jennifer Hudson and, yeah, Beyoncé  along with Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx. It was an original Broadway musical that became a hit on the screen. Honestly, there is more than one song nominated from this movie but I chose this song which was composed by Henry Krieger with lyrics by Siedah Garrett.

3. I NEED TO WAKE UP SUNG BY MELISSA ETHERIDGE

This song comes from the Oscar film, “An Inconvenient Truth” from Al Gore…yup, the former Vice President come film maker. I still need to see this film about climate change which is a real issue. Anyhoo, this song was written and performed by Melissa Etheridge.

So….which song won the Oscar, which was nominated and which came up empty handed.

15 comments:

  1. "Happy Feet" won the Oscar, I think, and "Love You I do" was nominated. How'd I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well....Happy Feet got nothing! In fact, it was a huge snub. Love You was nominated and the winner was the Etheridge song.

      Delete
  2. I’ve seen the last two films but don’t remember either of the songs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are not ones that pop into my head.

      Delete
  3. I've seen your first two films and actually have the Dreamgirls DVD. But I have no idea who won or didn't win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One ws a huge Oscar snub. I'll post what happened in my next post

      Delete
  4. I only saw the first film (and shame on me for never having seen An Inconvenient Truth). I'm never any good at these type questions, so if I chose what I liked the best, the winner would have been the song from Dreamgirls, a close second would be I Need to Wake Up and Prince, as much as I enjoy his music, would have been left behind. It was cute but nothing much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are right about Happy Feet and I agree with your assessment. I don't like that song and it was shut out. No Happy Feet here. I Need to Wake up won the Oscar and Love You was nominated

      Delete
  5. I'm really disappointed in myself. I watched these Oscars. I should totally remember. I don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember this past year so don't worry about that. Etheridge won the Oscar. Dreamgirls song was nominated and Happy Feet was shut out

      Delete
  6. An Inconvenient Truth won! I remember these Oscars. I think those three Dreamgirls nominations cancelled each other out, which was a shame because those women were trying so hard to out sing the other during the broadcast. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time to remember this years...hahaaa. you are right 100%

      Delete
  7. I don't know which song won that year, but I thought An Inconvenient Truth was as painfully boring as Al Gore himself. I loved Dream Girls and all the music in it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaaas. Al Gore is not Mr. Excitement. He is like unbuttered white bread. I have yet to see An Inconvenient Truth.

      Delete
  8. I haven't kept up with the Oscars in decades. I believe I remember reading somewhere that Prince wrote the song "Happy Feet". Thanks for sharing your song picks. What a fun way to educate us a bit on the Oscars! Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete