Another month for the Insecure Writer's Support Group and the year is half over!! Oh me oh my. I really enjoy reading people's blogs, seeing their cards and finding out how wonderful people are in general. The people who are writers go through so many obstacles that it must be daunting so I am going to try to help out in my own feeble way.
- Procrastination-We all do it whether it is to avoid writing or taking care of that dust that those ugly dust mites enjoy eating (most dust is caused by our own skin-blechhh). The main point is we get back to our project, renewed and invigorated.
- Tired- We can be so tired from trying to write or just getting into writing since we have families, jobs, health issues and that we would rather just sit and watch a movie. I say Give yourself a break! You all deserve a break on occasion. Once we take care of the all the irritating things like jobs, kids, pets (never pets) then we can enjoy the T.V., um I mean the writing.
- Writer's Block- Every person will have a mental block whether it is about writing, creating a card or deciding what bad thing to eat. All of you are blessed with blogland and the other people who feel the same and can help. Often by leaving the piece, an idea will spring forth, usually at the most inopportune time(in the middle of a bathroom break or at 3am in the morning when you wake up with a start and have the Eureka moment)
- Publishers, Editors and all those others- I had no idea what all of you face when it comes time to send your work, that you have poured your heart and soul into, to these people who neither respond, respond but in caveman years, decline you or accept you only to edit everything you worked for. I say to keep going because you are talented people and there are many big time authors who have been refused many times over before they were recognized and finally published. Perseverance is the key, not only in writing, but in life.
- Guilt- I have read so many and all of you feel so guilty that you have not started, have not finished, have not edited or re-edited. You feel guilty about not being there for your family, friends and blogger friends. Guilt is a horrible feeling and I know as I feel guilty about everything...just saying:) Guilt does not help but hinders ones thoughts, actions and feelings. Family, when they know you, understand, friends too and blogger friends included as they are fellow writers and so truly "get it".
- Fear- Now this is a biggy! We can fear everything. I am so scared of heights that I will travel an hour out of the way to avoid a bridge. I become crippled with fear of heights that my thoughts become completely distorted. Fear, schmear!!! I am in awe about all of you. Some of you are writers full time and are following your dream. How amazing is that! You write what you love and are doing what you love from science fiction to fantasy to romance to teen angst plus more. I think you guys are just swell. Now you can pick apart that last sentence since I am certain that the grammar is not all that great.
Crafty Creations - Things with Wings
Layered Cardstock. Used createx paints to create "THE FINAL FRONTIER"-hahahahaaa. Embossed the words and used the cuddle bug for the butterfly. Finished it off with stickles, and stickers.
Eclectic Ellapu-For the pinks-Furry Friends
Animal Friends Challenge - Dog or a cat
Stamped the dog (remind me of my Katie) in black on glossy white paper. Took nestibilites and cut and embossed the layers. Added the blue cardstock and stamped the corner and embossed in white glitter. Added some white stickers for a final effect.
This is all and for the next few days, until Monday, I am off on an adventure! My friend, Loretta, and I are going on a great road trip to Indiana, Pa to the Jimmy Stewart museum and then to Jamestown NY for the Lucille Ball museum. I won't be able to read some of your blogs until I am back. I promise we have not rented a convertible, we will not go to any divey bar, blow up any trucks or send ourselves, smiling no less, off a cliff. Have a great week!
Oh, this card is beautiful! I am going to save it and look at it whenever I start my insecure ravings. :)ReplyDelete
And I hope your friend's beautiful dog will be okay. Bless her heart. *hugs*
I have been away so now I am responding:) Glad you like to save it:)Delete
Beautiful artwork, as usual, and a nice post, but now you have me worried about what might be in the dust I see on my bookshelf. Yuck!ReplyDelete
My dust looks horrible now-must attack itDelete
You are so talented with your card making; I know I said that before, but its the truth; I do enjoy looking at the creations you share here.ReplyDelete
You listed great tips for writers here, I don't consider myself a writer, but these are just great tips for life in general too :)
Thank you so much:)Delete
Thank you! That's a wonderful card.ReplyDelete
When you list it all out like that, it scares even me.
hahahahaaa-well lists can scare but can also encourage:) My feeble way to tryDelete
Beautiful cards! I like the sparkles on the first one. I've experienced everything on your list at some time or another. Great tips!ReplyDelete
Aww, what great inspiration. Thank you. I think we do all need to remember we're human and life matters. Those cards are amazingly beautiful. I appreciate the time and love you put into making them. Wonderful.ReplyDelete
Thank you very muchDelete
What a wonderful post! Respond in "caveman years." Haha! Too funny! Thanks for all the encouragement and positivity. I love that butterfly card - it's fabulous!ReplyDelete
Thanks a mil! I need to get back into the swing of things nowDelete
Beautiful cards. And I think you got many of the anxieties pegged in your list.ReplyDelete
Yes I believe they are universalDelete
That butterfly card is so beautiful. You possess such talent. I love seeing it here. I can relate to the feelings of guilt. I'm always feeling guilty about one thing or another. You're right, we need to release it!!ReplyDelete
We do need to release these fears. Thanks about my butterfly card:)Delete
So true. All of us, no matter what kind of work we do go through these things one time or the other. I appreciate the positivity and encouragement in your words :) And beautiful cards. The first one is especially lovely. You know I am always partial to butterflies!ReplyDelete
We always need positive especially when the negative seems all aroundDelete
What great advice for writers and for life . Beautiful cards as well. Happy 4th to you. Hugs, LuraReplyDelete
Such a beautiful creation - Thank you for sharing over at Eclectic Ellapu this month and hope to see you in future challengesReplyDelete
Elaine aka Ellapu
Handcrafted by Ellapu
Owner of Altered Eclectics
Owner at Eclectic Ellapu
DT Crafty Ribbons
You are one crafty lady! Card-making is becoming a lost art.ReplyDelete
I believe so in the day and age of the internetDelete
That butterfly card is beautiful! Yes, the guilt monster tends to eat at me constantly. I seem to always feel like I'm letting someone down, no matter what I'm doing!ReplyDelete
If you do your best and people know you and care then you can never let them downDelete
Gorgeous creation, The image is so beautiful...Loved your post... Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu Challenge.... Hugs May x xReplyDelete
Ha! You're so right about all of us. I love seeing us from a non-writer's perspective - we ARE all too hard on ourselves, aren't we???ReplyDelete
We are and we need to see the lighter things in lifeDelete
I truly enjoyed this post, and then your last line made me LOL. Thank you for the pep talk to writers. Everything you say is exactly right. It doesn't matter what kind of art we are involved in, there's still the tendency to get discouraged, feel guilty, procrastinate and generally feel like we're not good enough. Your cards are beautiful works of art, and I love how you share them in your posts.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much and one always needs encouragement and laughterDelete
Oh Birgit!!! I am so touched by this card. I am humbled by this kind gesture and extremely grateful for you continued support, encouragement and friendship... even when I seem distant. You have a beautiful heart, my friend. Katie looks like a stunner... what a babe! Have a lovely weekend!ReplyDelete
much love and hugs, Asha
You deserve the support since Rosie is so ill. It just seemed the right thing to do. You are not distant just stressed-never worry about that. Prayers to youDelete
What beautiful art work!! I love that furry friend :)ReplyDelete
Thank you so much:)Delete
Hi Birgit! I know I already commented on this... but just stopping by to say hi :)ReplyDelete
well hello-I have been off the radar as I am dealing with shingles which is horrible and trying to get my craft room in order. I am hoping you are having a great day!!Delete
Birgit, thank you for the pep talk and the Card! I totally needed them both. :-)ReplyDelete
I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful road trip. I love that combo of Stewart & Ball.
I hope you are feeling better and yes this was a great road trip my best friend and I did. So much funDelete