It’s time for another group posting of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group! This was created by Mr. Ninja the Great, Alex J. Cavanaugh! Time to release our fears to the world – or offer encouragement to those who are feeling neurotic. If you’d like to join us, click on the tab above and sign up. We post the first Wednesday of every month. I encourage everyone to visit at least a dozen new blogs and leave a comment. Your words might be the encouragement someone needs.
The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It pays tribute to new blogs, or blogs with a follower count of less than 1,000–including Twitter. The word “liebster” is German in origin and has several definitions, including but not limited to: dearest, sweetest, kindest, pleasant, endearing, lovely, cute, nicest, valued and welcome.
- Link back to the blog that nominated you. (Elizabeth)
- Answer questions that your nominator has set for you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that have less than 1,000 followers to receive this award. (Remember, this includes Twitter.)
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Contact your nominees and let them know you have nominated them.
I have been given this award again and am very touched (in more ways than one...um...sorry:)). Actually this is quite nice and I thought it would be great for the Insecure Writer's Support Group too:). So, without further ado, here we go with the questions I need to answer:
- Have you ever noticed how JJ Abrams likes the number 47? Or how the answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42? Certain people identify with certain numbers. I already admitted to having an affinity for 11. What is your signature number?
- Back in January, TIME magazine published an article on bad passwords. (I managed to find this again to illustrate a point while having a conversation with some juniors at the end of the last school year. They argued that a bad password was great protection as no hacker would try these anymore. I disagreed.) Have you ever used a "bad password"? Did you think it was good, or did you just need something easy?
- What time did you go to bed last night? 11pm-and this is question #3
- What's the last movie you went out to see in a movie theater? For a film lover I am bad-It was "LOTR-Smaug".
- As you all know, Tuesdays are my "what if" question days. And I'm running a bit low on ideas. What's the best "what if" question you can come up with? (Or come up with a mediocre one. I'm kind of desperate.) Which dead film star would you love to meet? (mine would be Jimmy Stewart)
- Where are your car keys right now? If I was 22, they would still be in the door since I was having a blast the night before but now, hanging up in the key holder area
- Donna's New Day links to a random quiz on Sundays, and a couple weeks ago she found a quiz from the Oxford English Dictionary on finding the best new word for you. (They recently added a bunch of words.) Take the quiz (either frivolous or serious, or both if you're feeling adventurous), and give us your new word. Oh, I did this and it was fun. I am Adorbs and Hyperconnected. Now it's your turn:)
- Are you right or left-handed? I am not evil so that makes me right-handed. Anyone who dealt with nuns as teachers will know they would use the ruler on your left hand to make you change to right. Lovely nuns eh?
- Are you with me in the cult of Doctor Who? (Are you watching the new season?) Who's your favorite Doctor? I never got into Doctor Who. I always felt the Daleks looked like salt and pepper shakers.
- If I were to offer to knit you something (anything) you'd like, what would you request? A cup holder in blue so my fingerprints don't disintegrate from the hot tea or milk I drink (ha- you thought I would mention coffee)
- Besides blogging, what's your favorite social media outlet (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)? Hmmmm....Facebook I guess although I don't put much on there but I love to see other peoples pictures and I am enjoying Pinterest.
1. I love animals and I would seriously do harm to any bastard who ever harms an animal. I would make sure they could never own an animal and I would send them away...maybe to the cornfield (any Twilight Zone people out there)?
2. I love creating cards, scrapbooks-love love love
3. I love playing board games but play rarely as my hubby is not into them....waaaaayyyy.
4. I love to budget hence why I have the job I have (Credit Counsellor)
5. Blue is my favourite colour, followed by purple.
6. I grew up on a sawmill and still love the smell of sawdust. How Canadian eh?
7. Christmas is my favourite holiday followed by Halloween. It's like the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other.heheheeeee
8. Sports is not a pastime I enjoy unless it is the Olympics or Tour De France. I could care less about a puck or ball going to a net or in a field. Watching people paint their faces, drink beer and eat heart attack burgers is not my idea of culture.
9. Love art, architecture, culture, travel, history, the occult-there is so much to learn and grow from
10.-Love, Love, Love film and film stars and everything associated with this but not the new people unless they show some acting ability like Jennifer Lawrence
11. I, would never, ever, think never mind do, place a naked or racy photo of myself on any device where it can go viral. Unfortunately no one would care and my picture may end up with the Wal-Mart people but no-never! I just don't get it.
Look I never even mentioned chocolate once:) mmmmmm...chocolate, (shaking head). OK I am now nominating 5 people who I enjoy reading their blogs:
1. Liz Blocker
3. Suzie Mac
4. Anabel Marsh
5. Robyn Engel
Here are my questions and if anyone wants to answers any of these in my blog here would love it:)
1. What is your favourite colour?
2. What major architectural wonder do you want to see before you die?
3. Which is your favourite animal?
4. What scares the bejeebies out of you?
5. What's your favourite dessert?
6. If you could time travel, where would you go and why?
7. What's your favourite film?
8. What's your favourite book?
9. What do you hate wearing but have to on occasion?
10. Chocolate or vanilla...or tutti frutti?
11. What's your ancestry?
OMG! This is a long one and I hope you read it through-hahahaaaa. Enjoy the day, month and year and happy writing to all of you:)