Friday, July 2, 2010

365 Day Cards-flowers and Colours

WellI am finally caught up with 365 Day cards and since most are made with flowers it works as well with Fortnight Challenge (sorry if i got the name wrong). I went on a splurge and decided to do all studys on flowers and use the colours given for the day challenge at 365 Days Cards. Today is a Study in Purple. The background is actually purple tissue that I crinkled up for some texture. I used a lavendar card stock backing and then I used my perfect pearls powders for the main backgound with the flowers(English Lavender, Sweet Thistle, Forever Violet and Sparkly White). I bought a punch on sale for $1 (yup $1) and then I have these pop out flowers as the centre and you can't see it but they are 3D.

Yesterday's card had to be yellow so I used the pop out flowers in 3D(I love them) and used 3 different Yellows(oh yes the colours had to be in 3 different shades). I finished it off with stickers for borders and I used chalk for the final background in different yellows and some oranges.

Ah, The blue one-I turned out neat (OK Nerd alert) but I used glimmer sprays for the main background and I think more blue got on my fingers as the squirt bottle was working correctly right away...it was a mess. I used Sparkly silver. Light blue backgound and the pop up flowers have a different blue as well. I finished it off with waterfall stickles as I thought this was a night look:)



O Canada! I made most of these cards yesterday as I am off work(Yahoo). This is the sole one without Flowers but I had to use that backgound paper as I just love it! It has a myriad of different reds on it. I used a wine red backing and cut it out with the heartbeat scissors and then I used a pin to finish the edging. I cut out the stamped leaves(stamped in black & embossed in black sparkle) and I coloured it with twinkling H20's in 3 different reds.



Monday at 365 Day Cards was a study in green and to use 3 different shades of the same colour. The main card is in forest green with a light pearlized green cardstock and then I stamped and embossed the Hummingbird. I painted the hummingbird with my twinkling H20's in a variety of green and some red and then I used my chalks to colour the backing also using different greens. I finished it off with green flowers and crystal stickles!



3 comments: