Friday, October 22, 2021

Recovering

 


I thought I was smiling here but...nope...hahaaa. This is my spot on the couch resting....and resting. First of all, all went well and I am recovering slowly due to my connective Tissue disorder ( Ehlers-Danlos) so it takes me more time and the pain is there but not as bad as last week. I am walking around and, happily, I can use the stairs to get to the bathroom. Today I finally took a full shower so the houseplants, animals and hubby are all reviving.

I am catching up on stuff I taped and have watched some movies. I have had friends visit which was so nice and hubby us wonderful to me.

Hubby is doing well with his operations as he heals much quicker than the average person but he is behaving. Since hubby got 3 different sets of percasets, once when diagnosed with kidney stones, the next when he left the hospital with the stint in and the 3rd when he had the hernia done, I had a few for the night so I could sleep since my surgeon didn't think I needed it at all. WTF? I am not  drug pusher but I get nadda and hubby gets a slew! I have only taken 1 at a time and that's enough. 

If I hear nothing from the surgeon by the end 9f next week, that will mean the best...the biopsy will be normal. I will see her at the end of Nov to see how I am getting along  but, for now, resting.

Thank you so, so very much for all you prayers, well wishes and concerns over these past 2 months. I can't express how much this has meant to me. It has truly touched my heart. 

17 comments:

  1. You touch our hearts as well, dear Birgit. I am very happy to hear from you and to read the good news concerning your recovery. I hope it continues to trend in that direction, including the follow-up report from the surgeon. Through your ordeal, you have kept your patented sense of humor, one of the things I like most about you.

    Life always seems better after a rest and a hot shower, doesn't it? I don't blame you for taking hubby's meds when the pain got so bad that it was robbing you of your sleep. You were there for your hubby a while back, and he was and is there for you now. What a blessing you have each other. I'm happy to know he is a quick healer and that all is well with him.

    If you are still binge watching movies, may I recommend Mars Needs Women starring Tommy Kirk... or anything with lots of car stunts? (F.Y.I. - you accidentally posted a picture of blonde bombshell Marilyn Monroe.)

    Thank you for the update. We will all continue to wish and hope for the very best outcome. Have a safe and restful weekend, dear friend BB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear you are resting and recovering. They must think you are tough if they aren't giving you the drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are doing well. It does look like you're smiling in the picture--it's a small smile, but those lips have a slight upturn. As for the drugs: why don't doctors take women's pain seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all good news Birgit…so glad to hear you are up and able to move about…and that hubby is looking after you….and feeling better himself…take it steady and keep resting up….xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birgit, so glad to hear good news from you. Best wishes for the rest of your recovery time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased Birgit ... and it's good to hear the progression. Take care - and all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see a post from you. It sounds as though all is going as well as can be expected. I am immune to all opioids, get no relief, so a friend said I could make money selling them when I get a prescription, lol. I keep lots of Tylenol in the house as I am allergic to NSAID pain relievers. All three of my medical procedures were successful a few weeks ago and biopsies came back negative and I am hoping the same for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking of you Birgit. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have good news coming from the surgeon too. Rest and relax! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction.

    Be well, Birgit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope all is well with the biopsy Birgit, and rest is the best way to recover, so see that you do, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to see you are up and about. I liked your "partial" smile, too. I hope all goes well with the biopsy. Please take care, rest, rest, and sleep. Enjoy your time on the couch, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lips curve upward. That counts as a smile, and you look lovely. Funny how doctors can decide for us that we aren't in a sufficient amount of pain to need medication. It's not as if you demonstrate drug-seeking behavior. Rest well, beautiful Birgit.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look lovely, Birgit, smiling or not. ☺ It appears that your recovery is going well. I hope the same goes for the biopsy. Shame on your doctor, but how fortunate that hubby had some pain pills to spare. Here's hoping both of you will be good as (or even better than) new come Christmas time. Best wishes! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looked up that Ehlers-Danlos, and it sounds pretty awful. You're in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to recuperate. Notwithstanding your physical infirmities, that is a nice picture of you....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great picture. Look at you with your Mona Lisa smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you are both doing well.
    Fingers crossed on outcomes.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Birgit,

    After my hysterectomy, my doctor wrote a script for Percocets. I only took one at night. I remember having a lot left over as I didn't use them all. I think after a week I felt like I didn't need them anymore. That's crazy your doctor didn't write a script for you. Did he not send you home with any pain meds? Take it easy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete