Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Summer Vacation Songs

This was a fun one to think about. There are so many ways one could go with this. You can see the various ways over a Monday Musics Moves Me. I almost chose a Beach Boys song but it ends with " this is the worst trip I've ever been on". I can't say I have been on a bad trip and I'm not talking about magic mushrooms. By the way, the picture shows my friend who travels during the winter months usually involving an ocean. So here are my songs I chose...

1. I'M OFF ON THE ROAD TO MOROCCO SUNG BY HOPE AND CROSBY-1942

When I saw this theme, this was the first song that came into my head. I love the many road pictures Bob Hope and Bing Crosby made, this one being one of the best. It was written by Jimmy Van Heusen(music) and Johnny Burke( lyrics).

2. IF IT'S TUESDAY, THIS MUST BE BELGIUM SUNG BY R. P. RAGS-1969

Love the movie and this song was right in the middle of it when the young daughter can't wait to be with the hippies and listen to Donovan's song. I always thought Donovan was the guy singing it.

3. BEACH BLANKET BINGO SUNG BY DONNA LOREN- 1965

You can't have a summer vacation without these 2 swinging teens and their friends shaking their booties and ta-tas. Annette was quite the double D cup but still innocent and ladylike. This song was written by gal Donna Loren and is just perfect for the summer vacations. 

8 comments:

  1. Summertime Girls by Y&T! Now, that's an oldie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that's a trip down Summer Memory Lane. I've never seen any of the Road movies but I'm always up for a Bing Crosby tune. I have a vague memory of seeing If It's Tuesday, It Must Be Belgium in the movies (my Dad must have taken me) but the song wasn't familiar. But Beach Blanket Bingo - the song is so catchy! Thanks for taking me on this fun vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We’re all going on a summer holiday (Cliff Richard and a big red bus!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of any of these songs before, but I like how you introduced each one. Obviously not my choice of genres, but fun to listen to none-the-less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birgit,

    The Road movies with Bing and Bob are fun films. It's been years since we've seen any of them. We bought a bundle of these years ago on DVD. I don't think we've watched them all, though. I barely remember your song picks. It was a joy to hear these again. Thanks for joining the 4M party, my dear. Have a boogietastic week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Bing/Bob and 60s beach films were always fun. I love "If This is Tuesday, It Must Be Belgium", both the song and the movie! Suzanne Pleshette & Ian McShane were perfect. ♥ When it comes to classic vacation songs, how about Cliff Richard's Summer Holiday? ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, no song expresses the pure joy of a summer day like "Centerfield" by John Fogerty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the alliteration in "Beach Blanket Bingo". Going to go listen to it now!

    ReplyDelete