Thursday, September 17, 2026

It’s Cat Month!

 


I found out that September is National Cat Month, so this movie theme is all about the Pussy cat. There are a ton of cat movies and I already spoke about “Bell, Book and Candle” with James Stewart and Kim Novak( I think a couple of times)m so I am going with these pussy cat tails…

1. THE CAT FROM OUTER SPACE-1978

This is a silly Disney movie and I enjoyed watching way back when and would love to see it again. Basically, a spaceship crash lands on earth and out comes a cat. He has been separated from his mother ship and now must try to fix his ship so he can meet back up with his fellow felines. He hooks up with a scientist, Ken Barry, letting him know that his thoughts, while ridiculed by his fellow scientists, is right on track. Somehow, they get involved with gamblers and horse racing to make enough money to buy gold needed to fix the cat’s ship. You have Sandy Duncan, Harry Morgan, Roddy McDowell and McLean Stevenson in this silly movie, but the star is this cat who does steal every scene. Thank Goodness no AI is in this movie

2. THE ADVENTURES OF MILO AND OTIS-1986

I came across this movie one day while channel surfing and thought I’d give it a a chance since it’s all about the exploits of these 2 main characters-Milo is an orange tabby and Otis is a pug. Milo is always getting into trouble and Otis follows him to help Milo out. Milo ends up in a box on the edge of a river and what is a cat to do with a box? Yup, he jumps in it only for the box to dislodge and travel down the river. Otis, scared for his friend, follows him. Milo ends up out of the box and meets up with all sorts of animals on his journey home. He ends up in a pit where Otis finds him and helps Milo out of the pit. Together they find their way home. It is a sweet film with real animals, not animated, not A. I., just trained animals which is so cool. I really love this sweet fairy tale movie and would love to see it again.

3. HOCUS POKUS-1993

I finally saw this movie a couple of months ago and it is fun, especially love Bette Midler as her evil witch self along with her nasty sisters, Kathy Najimy and Sara Jessica Parker. They have been, unwittingly, unleashed onto present day earth. They mean trouble and the only ones to stop them are these teens and this black cat. The cat can talk because it is actually, a young man who was turned into a cat by these witches after they drained the life force of the love of his life way back in the 1500s. Now, these bad witches need the teens life force so they can remain young and not die by the time the sun rises. It's, also, a bit silly but I did enjoy the dance scene where these ugly witches put a spell on all the adults to have them dance and dance. I love the cat especially since he is a black cat. Black cats get a bad rap as I always found them very affectionate.

Which cat do you love in movies? 

1 comment:

  1. Not the most tasteful of poses, Lexi! The only cat film I can think of is Aristocats.

    ReplyDelete