Saturday, June 19, 2010

Christmas for May-A Little Late












Well I am late with May's challenge for Christmas Cards All Year Round! I had to face some challenges of my own-I had 7 birthdays in 3 weeks and they are all close so that was difficult to get through. I also found out that my mom has vascular dementia. It has been an ordeal and her mood swings and fears have saddened me and I am quite tired. I have been told it is rapid. I am now giving her her meds. I have an unknown territory to deal with. She was an amazing lady-she lived through the bombings of Hamburg and Dresden, she survived being taken by the Russians, she escaped from them and from East Germany and actually suffered a major head injury and was in the hospital for 9 months having to relearn how to walk and talk! This happened all before she was 28! She was the great love of my father's and vice-versa. With all these memories going through my head it has been diificult to just sit and do some cards. I dont mind the first 3 but the last 2 I, think, are yucky. I am not a button girl but I tried my best. So not much on talking about the cards but, this time, my heart was not totally in it.



1 comment:

  1. Your cards are GORGEOUS, and I particularly love the blue one!!!

    I'm so sorry to hear your mom is not well. :( I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete